"Coffee And A Sunrise..."

"Coffee And A Sunrise..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Catching a breath

"

This was inspired while listening to Tabby Mac

 

 

 

Ever cry watching a sitcom

as (if) it's your life ...on view.

And the laughter sounds

as tears fall down

and down ...down

'til the tracks burn

your very soul.

 

"Coffee And A Sunrise..."

 

Coffee and a sunrise -

a moment to breathe

a whisper to a shared God

about ...nothing - cause the words

still come and the thoughts

still follow and the dreams

...happen

and it hurts

inside

and the eyes burn

and I want

I want...

WANT...

more than 

...this NOW

and yesterday isn't enough anymore

I'm more ...MORE... than that

than this

than tomorrows' loneliness

tomorrow's numbness

emptiness

silence...

I wish

wishwishwish... W I S H

 

I know

KNOW

...coffee's cold

but I touched

touched...

being alive ...again.

 

Chris

 

© 2017 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel Free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your touch is alive
heart lives for sure
spirit enriched with memory's experience

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pen and paper and your cup of coffee. That's all that's needed sometimes.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Taking the time to reflect if only for a few moments. TV sit coms are full of parody which is what makes them. If we see ourselves in them or in 'soap opera' then I guess it is because the half hour is so jam packed with pathos and emotion it is easy to see us amongst it all. A very readable and relatable sad piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris

7 Years Ago

Life s we live it ...seldom as we want it.
Coffee and a sunrise. A wonderful place to know. I enjoyed your thoughts and questions. Always good to read your work my friend Chris.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


It's truly wonderful to see how we feed off of each other when inspired to do so!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris

7 Years Ago

It's been awhile Kell... how ya do'in?
Kelly Scheppers

7 Years Ago

...good! I was tickled to see you!
Chris

7 Years Ago

I keep my fingertips in from time-to-time... chuckling here
You've always seen life for what it is, a mix of smiles and sobs, often too many nights and days that start and finish with next to no worthy memories. Seems that right now.. tis more than that.. ' and it hurts inside and the eyes burn ~ and I want I want... WANT... more than ...this NOW ~ and yesterday isn't enough anymore .. '

Guess we live to learn and more, holding onto memories but, comes a time when making memories lessens and that hurts. Was told by someone a long time ago.. that pausing a minute or few to watch a bird glide onto a moist morning fence is life itself. I close my eyes and see that at times, just to be reminded.

Perhaps use your own words here after that, ' a moment to breathe ~ a whisper to a shared God.'.

This is a beautifully written but sad poem,, makes the reader gasp and pause. You've always seen and felt a moment's tremble and gloried in that. Tis a Chris 'thing'. As ever always search and find dawn in whatever coat it's wearing, each and all are worthy of our need for yet more days. '.. but I touched ~ touched... being alive ..again.'

Posted 7 Years Ago


the conflicts create just enough drive to keep on keepin' on .. yes ..and sometimes some stupid commercial can make me cry ..go figure .. some layers of our lives peeled away will do that to us ...empathy and caring a worthwhile reward for our hanging in .. i like the forthright honesty in this ..your free verse and fonts add to the whole for me .. thanks for sharing Chris!
E.
ps absentmindedly sipping the coffee gone cold is graphic ..sure do relate!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I remember brief moments in time, sitting wrapped up on a cold porch, enjoying the first sip of energy as the shining blazes forth... This was MORE than overflowing with emotion. A well displayed sense of rhythm and soul, leaves my eyes burning up in desire for the next line...Soulfully penned...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful. The desire here seems to be the same as mine in the poem I posted entitled, 'If Only'. You should check it out and tell me if it's similar. I enjoyed your words :) I.I.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris

7 Years Ago

I'll do that...
More! more in the presence for the now to exist upon the heart of the matter... expressed. Espresso at Sunrise of another day, dawning, that just adds on... more. I really got it Chris... think I'll go renew my coffee gone cold.

Thank you for the Art Exchange, and your review... your bro Ro.
Romon in Review.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Chris

7 Years Ago

you are always welcome to pause and share coffee and thoughts.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1500 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on December 7, 2017
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Found Found

A Poem by MsJewel