The Hunted House

The Hunted House

A Story by Anexi
"

Rumors can be a bad thing, but what happens when the rumor you start just to make friends is actually true?

"

Moving into a new house was nothing new to me; I was used to it by now. My mother always said moving was an adventure, but I knew the real reason for it all, she was running away. She had packed the bags one night woke me up and ran out of the house with me in her arms. The last thing I really remember was my father yelling at the cab driver to stop the car and saying he would find us.

 

Since then, we never stayed in one place for long, we’d live there for a few months, then pack and move again. This time we were moving to a really old house that mom said only needed a little TLC, but it was the biggest under-stament she had ever come up with.

 

It was late into the night the house was an old frame house with the wood looking rioted, the grass was over grown and hadn’t been cut in what seemed like years, there was an old tire swing that hung from a big tree in the front yard, and the only light that we were given was the lone street lamp the stood at the corner of the sidewalk.

 

“I’m sure it’ll look different in the morning Christina.” My mother said noticing the grim look that I held on my face. I only nodded and walked up to the porch with her following close behind me and pulled out the key from her hand bag. When she opened the door it smelt of dust, strong perfume, and bleach. I felt my nose wrinkle as the smells hit me the moment I walked in.

 

“Why do old people’s houses always smell the worst?”  I complained causing mother to give me a sharp glare. “Enough with the complaints Christina we’ll open some windows and let it air out, until then I don’t want to hear another word from you until you actually give this place a chance.” She ordered.

 

“Yes ma’am.”  I whispered and walked up to my room bag in tow behind me. At least it was a big house and not a small apartment like what we normally lived it with very, loud, neighbors. So I got to pick out my room. Once I reached the top I opened up all the doors and window just to get the smell out, then one by one I looked into the rooms and picked which one I liked the best.

 

It was a large room all the way in the back of the house, quite, alone, and just the way I liked it. I was a loner of a child I liked my space and I didn't want to be bothered. There was already a queen bed in place a book case on the wall near the door way, a desk under the window, a dresser, and a trunk at the foot of the bed. I could feel a smile pull at my lips this space was all mine.

 

Throwing my trunk on the bed I began to unpack and place everything in its proper place. ‘Mom did say that they had someone come up and clean the sheets for us so I guess I can just crawl in and sleep.’ I thought feeling my eyes grow heavy. Just as sleep was about to claim me a large leather bound book fell to the floor with a great THUD. I simple ignored it being too tired to walk all the way over and pick it up. So I curled in the covers and fell into a deep sleep.

 

I really wish I’d picked that book out that night for I had no idea what horror lied for me until it was too late.

© 2012 Anexi


Author's Note

Anexi
I like reviews they make me smile

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Doesn't everyone enjoy a good ghost story? Yes, I think so. You've got a very good start here, and your story-telling voice is clear and competent. There are a number of misspelled words, starting with the title, and some important, missing punctuation. None of these things are too big of a deal, and I'm sure you could fix it all in just a few minutes of close scrutiny.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting plot, with a great description, love the ending and your style...great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anexi

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much.
the end was something which made me think and ruminate over it for a long time...i wish you would have written more on it.so that it wouldn't be a mystery for me.but still.it's a nice and interesting story

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ahhh! You left a cliffhanger. reminds me of that photo "Mr. Linden's library." Nice work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Okay, this is awesome ahaha. I really really hope you write more! This totally reminded me of a book my mother read to me once! I can't remember what it's called....I'll have to look and get back you on that ahaha. Please! Keep writing more!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012

Author

Anexi
Anexi

About
Been a writer for a few years; mostly fan fiction and I just started writing my own stories. I'm a nice person who is still learning how to write. I love video games,reading, and music. I'm sorry if I.. more..

Writing
Writing Writing

A Poem by Anexi