Fear's Perpetual Dawning

Fear's Perpetual Dawning

A Poem by Anima Inspired

 

Lying,
beneath a cover of star-light,
tattered holes in a sheet of charcoal,
through which I can barely
glimpse the dewy veil of infinity,
 
my ego unfolds her hands,
like the wings of a just born sparrow,
searching for a place to rest.
 
I close my eyes
as the unfathomable abyss of my being
recedes like the fingers of the ocean
tickling the bone-bare shore,
until I can feel myself separating—
 
my spirit unzipping inch by inch
from my paralyzed flesh,
 
and I’m left empty,
a husk drying in the sun

of fear’s perpetual dawning. 

© 2008 Anima Inspired


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so amazing! It unfurls in the most cinematic form to the naked eye. It is so-me!
I love, love, love this.
I close my eyes
as the unfathomable abyss of my being
recedes like the fingers of the ocean
tickling the bone-bare shore,
until I can feel myself separating-

my spirit unzipping inch by inch
from my paralyzed flesh,

Inspirational!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This one took me in here, I like this it's amazing, flowed nicely and told a story very well.

my ego unfolds her hands,
like the wings of a just born sparrow,
searching for a place to rest.

Love these lines here, This is one amazing write, can feel youth in this as well as a sense of
growing up. wonderfully written.

Posted 15 Years Ago



This is the perpetual drama of the human condition.

We the paralyzed flesh so soon husked, contemplate the presumptive otherness of the "dewy veil of infinity."

By all mystic accounts, personal experience, and intuition, the key to this archetypal dilemma is the ability to quantum shift perception from the fearful ego to the Mystery field from which it arises -- not unlike a radically psychological "optical game," that visual for instance, where one way of looking at the image produces a young woman in profile, and the other way of looking presents a big-nosed crone to vision. That is perhaps a loose analogy for our situation. Are we humans with occasional spiritual experiences, or are we Spirit having a human experience?

Similarly, the Taoist master Chuang-szu awoke from a dream of being a butterfly, as was not so sure he wasn't a butterfly dreaming he was a man. Or a Mobius strip: the perception of two-sides really being one, like Nondual Spirit awareness vis-a-vis dualistic human experience.

The rad guru Adi Da said: "Fear is when love stops short of Infinity."

Needless to say, our relatedness must serve this shift. If we even dimly suspect our emotive perceptions, we can leverage the great turnaround.

So the inversion is you are the "dewy veil of infinity" yourself, contemplating the husk. The "my" itself is completedly different.

As always your lines are graceful and elegant and provoke this kind of radical rumination in yours truly.


Posted 15 Years Ago


in a nice manner scarry, and dream-like vivid description of a moment. Fascinating and exciting poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I read this three times to take it all in... I am mesmerized by the beauty of this piece yet fell a small sense of uneasiness... so upon reading I take it as symbolizing and young person coming into their own as an adult... right or wrong a specatacular piece or writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this one. As you know, one of the greatest appeals of your poetry for me is the way that always manage to draw a creative and pleasing connection with nature to describe the emotions that you feel, and I think this piece is a fine example of that. Even though this poem is about the inevitability of feeling afraid for whatever reason, it's still unmistakably beautiful in language. Verses one, two and five are prime examples of the vivid beauty that you relate to our human experiences.

I think this one is strong and well paced. I think you evoke emotions in the reader without peer. I'm hoping none of the other people that I review read this, but I just don't FEEL as much in response to reading their poems as much as I do yours. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well described awe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I ain't sure about this one Anima. I will come back in a different mood and maybe I will feel something. This felt rushed. Sorry babe, you know I love you.

P.S.
I tried not to rate, but the system wouldn't allow me NOT to.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

518 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2008

Author

Anima Inspired
Anima Inspired

Sunny California



About
RECENT NEWS: I'm proud to say that two of my pieces "The City" (a collection of Haiku) and "Jazz" will be featured in the Boston Literary Magazine's Fall issue. It's a great journal with very respon.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..