Mesmerized

Mesmerized

A Poem by TamiViolet

 

 

Surreptitious, seductive, queer ability to hypnotize

Even the most steadfast of women...waits patiently,

Makes love to the inner core of darkness

 

Personifies the being for whom he was destined

Beyond his control, he is true to self

Involuntarily, he devours me

 

'Knock, knock' I am compelled to answer ~ invited guest

Grant complete submission to his insatiable hunger

Cunning strength ~ latent, I succumb to his gentility

 

I am his chosen lover on eternal journey destined

My submission becomes the initiation

Prepare for volatile existence

 

Manner of envelopment, garment...smooth...plush,

Pulsations from centuries of expertise,

Waltz from too much wine...deep red, thick...unusual

 

All visibility was lost in the storm....blind woman

Walks among the dead...glass houses shatter

We don't always get what we come for

 

No sweet repose as Lucinda, no eternal bliss,

Death conquered, youth attained... expensive a price

So now what?

 

Reversal...not a contingency plan for a gallant warrior.

 

 

© 2009 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
It's that time of year, folks :-) I have never seen 'Twilight', so I wasn't aware the graphic was of him until Pax told me. I just thought he was a hot- looking vampire. Thanks Pax :-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


The lines are quite eloquent, and one gradually realizes it's a vampire scenario -- w/the Twilight guy's image underlining that.

I have nothin' against the young actor Pattinson, but for me, that image cheapens your poem a little. Perhaps because I tend to think of any good poem as spiritually and aesthetically superior to slick movie cheese. Twilight is a good title, but unimportant fiction or film. If you want truly POETIC vampire references in cinema, look to the twin black and white art films from 'round '94, Nadja, and The Addiction. Nadja is particularly satisfying as cinematic poetry, as it musters major mood visuals and a completely different take on the bloodletting trope. The Addiction features a gritty Christopher Walken as instructive vampire, referencing Beat literature.

http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/the_taboo_against_the_supe.html -- this link is the most profound material I've ever read about the vampire myth, and the charisma of Dracula in particular.

I suppose you are referencing Twilight directly too? I find myself wanting to take back the title, mix it with Nadja and The Addiction, sideline Pattinson till he's 35-45 and ready to be an immortal MAN instead of a pretty boy, and generally take back the inherently awesome occult core from kids riding the wave of slick cinematography and special effects.

Actually, as elegant as your poem is, there is a gauzy gloss in it too. The template of the vampire seducer is not merely blood candy. It is terror-joy. What's missing from this entire take is real intensity and understanding of the poetics of the occult Superior Man. This is a figure at the threshold of life and death. He's not Pattinson, Tom Cruise, or even Billy Idol. Lugosi had a dash of the strangeness, but was not truly frightening or erotic. This is actually a difficult figure to get a true handle on, the charismatic male vampire. Parodies have abounded. I'm riffling through my memory, asking myself if there has EVER been a sufficiently magisterial figure. Christopher Lee had some of the gravitas. I don't mind the idea of uncanny beauty, but admittedly I find kid stars a bit annoying. I found kids annoying even when I was a kid. ;-) This is a powerfully sexy dangerous awesome MANLY beautiful immortal 40-yr.-old in my mind.

You've really opened an interesting inquiry for me. I can only find collage bits for who I think the King of Vampires is. Even a bit of myself, as I played Dracula once, and have a much more profound mind than even arty vampire flicks express. That's why I gave you the Adi Da link. He was a Scorpio avatar. One of these make a woman cum AND know God by looking at her types. If you can call that a type. And I don't mean because she's projecting, either. Inherent profundity beyond the common understanding of life and death.

"No sweet repose as Lucinda, no eternal bliss,/Death conquered, youth attained... expensive a price/So now what?"

That's just it. The vampire myth masks an occult process of immortality that IS eternal bliss. It's not about glamorized ego-meat. How could a being POSSIBLY conquer Death and remain banal?

The Superior Man would annihilate every glossy Hollywood joke ever perpetrated in his name w/a single glance of thunder and lightning. OK, that's a special effect. Hollywood DOES try to get some of the surfaces right. What's missing is ANY understanding of higher yogic processes that would make immortality a natural attainment, not even desired, but a by-product of the exploration of Consciousness Itself to the ultimate degree.

See what you started with your elegant choco-cherry rumination? ;-)


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love it! That seductive bite in the night....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You write chocolate covered cherries apollonia, as in seductive, your skill no matter what you write sounds as it is, words as a breath from the heart of hearts of hearts and a love that knows no bounds, i am a sure-fire fan of your
artwork.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Penned with grace elegance and creative sensuality expressed in verse..wow
I really like the first lines they made a statement that left one daydreaming about her:)
Surreptitious, seductive, queer ability to hypnotize

Even the most steadfast of women...waits patiently,

Makes love to the inner core of darkness
The flow and power of the write was truely impressive
well done
Blessings
Lasla

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautifully enticing read...I enjoy this and the picture too...Wonderfully written..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i liked this alot detail in this was great ....i also like how this read like a story... very beautifully done... overall this was a impressive write to me.. nice job on this!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very beautiflly penned piece~ and yeah, that's a great looking vampire pic

love the way you present and express this; lovely writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Could have sworn I reviewed this before. Hmmm. Anyway, it is well done. I like it. Had a girlfriend named Lucinda once. Just once. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love edward cullen..and rob pattinson, but I also really enjoyed the idea of this poem.
"All visibility was lost in the storm....blind woman
Walks among the dead...glass houses shatter
We don't always get what we come for"
Such great writing, loved this bit (:

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I haven't read all four of the Twilight saga's. I do like the serires alot, I also I love that you used the 'vampire' as it works well metaphorically!
Don'tcha think most women crave to be taken away by mystery. This extraordinary write shows once again the gifts you posse! Once again great read! ~ Jude :-) xo


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! That was a very well penned piece of writing...full of enigma and sensuality. I have to agree with SM davis, that it was only after looking at the picture I realized that it has been dedicated to "Edward Cullen". So, I read the writing once again then and it really came up with a new meaning.
I simply love Twilight Saga and obviously, I loved your poem as well :)
But as such..I'm a greater fan of Twilight series of books than the movie :-)
I've read all the four books of the Twilight a hundred times and Breaking Dawn is my personal favorite. I can not wait for Midnight sun which even though has the same story as the first book but it has been written from the point of view of Edward.

"I am his chosen lover on eternal journey destined" - I loved this line the most...because this reminded me of one of the quotes from the third book "Eclipse" which was -
"You are . . . well, not exactly the love of my life, because I
expect to love you for much longer than that. You are the love of my existence."
(page- 84, fifth paragraph) lolz.. :D :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1317 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2009
Last Updated on September 27, 2009

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


hush-hush hush-hush

A Poem by TamiViolet


Erratic Erratic

A Poem by TamiViolet


within within

A Poem by TamiViolet