Irresistible Dance Steps

Irresistible Dance Steps

A Story by Arline
"

First short story I've posted on here so give me some feedback please!!!!

"

Tracy performs her ballet positions as followed. First position, second, third, fourth and fifth. She continues these steps as the song ‘Kick the Dust Up’ by Luke Bryan plays with the strings of the banjo. Once Luke begins to sing she bends to a pl ie three times then re leve on both feet. She steps lightly on her toes forward and soon sautés at the beginning of the chorus. Suddenly she sautés again and lifts up her toes four times and begins to spin quickly across the room of mirrors. As the line ‘Kick the Dust Up’ plays, she swiftly turns her leg to the side lifting her leg up high and placing her torsos forward; she kicks up jumping and lands on the floor in a lunge. She spins back up and continues this free style ballet as mirrors capture her every move showing them again and again. She then ends the song with basic positions and kicking her leg up. Tracy breathes heavily as she free falls on the hardwood floor with sweat on her forehead.  She smiles proudly of her spur of the moment performance; looking up to the ceiling wishing she could dance more like this in class.  

            A slam of the door makes her rise quickly to see a young cinnamon toned skin man with dark brown curly hair wearing a loose white tank shirt and black loose pants with white Nikes. Tracy stares in ‘ah’ as she feels she has seen him before.

            “Hey, it’s nice to see you again,” said Steven.

His voice sounded familiar to Tracy that it made her feel calm and somewhat shiver her insides. She then remembers, about two years ago when she was in the library she walked up to a young man reading her favorite book “Jane Eyre” and began to discuss about its depths, but she left right after to get to work on an assignment. Then the year after, she saw him again in the cafeteria struggling to gather enough change to buy a drink when she lend him the right amount. Again she didn’t stay long enough for she had a class to get to. Tracy blinks from her flashbacks, “Oh, yeah, hey! It’s nice to see you again too,” she smiles.

Steven places his bag down at the edge and walks to the center a good distance near her. He lightly begins to stretch out his arms and back as he gets a closer look at Tracy. Her light brown hair full of waves even when it’s in a pony tail, her light skin as though it were sweet caramel and her figure is neither scrawny nor thick, but simply robust with a swirls of curves. Her lips are what he had to look at most with their fullness and blush like color. He had to bit his tongue to keep himself from wanting to rub his lips on them. Steven breaks from his exotic thoughts, “By the way, what’s your name?” he asks uneasily.

His voice again makes her shiver as she breathes in anxiously, “Tracy, Tracy Hoffman, and you?”  

“Steven, Steven Esponoza.” He brings down his hand to her as she grabs it and rises. “Nice to meet you, officially,” she giggles and shakes his hand.

“Yeah, same here,” he grins.

The feel of his hand is hard, but somehow still fairly downy. She glances over him to see that his arm muscles were not too sturdy, but rather healthy. She wouldn’t be surprised if he could lift her for a pas de deux; with practice of course. His hair as well had a nice bounce that she wouldn’t mind to rub her hands through it as she kisses he’s slim neckline, but Tracy had to get a hold of herself. Thinking all this of a guy she just meet was too much. She blushes awkwardly as she lets go of his hand to look down.    

“Are you next to use the room?” she asks.

“Yeah, I need to work on a dance presentation for Dance II,” he says as he puts his arms to his side.

“Oh, who’s your instructor?” asks Tracy.

“Mrs. Braylon.”

“Oh really, I love her! I had her in my first semester, are you a dance major?”

“Eh no, it’s just one of my curriculum for my major,” said Steven.

“Is that right, what’s your major then?”

“Physical Education, I want to be a trainer or gym teacher.”

She stares in interest, “Is that so, well you do look like you keep in good shape, I’m sure you’ll make a great trainer or teacher,” she smiles confidently.

Steven smiles back with a hint of red, “Thanks and I’m sure you’ll make a great dancer as well.”

“I don’t think I told you what I was majoring though?” she says confused.

“Oh, well uh,” crap she’s going to think I’m a peeping tom for watching her thought Steven, but there’s no point in denying it now, “before coming in to practice I saw you dancing and well, you’re dancing was so amazing, I just had to keep watching with those kinds of moves it be pretty obvious that you’re a dance major.”

Tracy blushes in inelegance; though the comment mostly made her happy than discomforted.  To think that he saw her dance free style ballet to a country song and to say it was amazing!

“Well thank you for saying it was amazing,” she looks down.

“It really was, is it a routine for class?”

Tracy’s expression changes from happy to discouragement, “Not really, it was just some random dancing I felt like doing.”

Steven looks at her confused, “Is something wrong?”

Tracy turns to him and stares at his light gray eyes. They seem as though she is staring into a lunar eclipse; the site of beauty touching her very soul.

“I, I’m not very confident when it comes to dancing in front of others which causes my movements to be very stiff, I’ve somewhat gotten use to it, but if I continue like this, even if I graduate, no company would want to have me in their shows.”

Tracy looks away in embarrassment; she has just poured out her worries to a guy she barely knows, he’ll probably think that she’s weird for telling him all this.

“I think you’ll be fine, I mean you may be nervous now, but the way you were dancing now shows that you have it in you to perform. It’s just going to take time for you to show it to others. Don’t worry so much about it, you’ll be sure to get hired by a really famous Dance Company,” he smiles at her in confidence.

Tracy looks to him in shock to his response and surprised at herself for how happy she feels for him to say kind words to her. Though she has heard many of them from her friends and family the fact they came from Steven made her feel she could take over the world. They stand together in silence as the mirrors reflect their expressions of happiness and clumsiness. Tracy looks to the clock to see that twenty minutes have passed, “Ah, well I don’t want to take anymore of your time, I’ll see you around okay,” she starts to walk to her bag when Steven quickly grabs her subtle wrist.

Stevens heart races as if a horse running hard on a track as the thought of having Tracy walk away again threw him mad. He wanted her to stay just for a second or more if possible. The touch of her skin once again sends an electric surge all over his and Tracy’s body. As her heart beat races rapidly as if it will come out of her chest.

Tracy turns to Steven as he lets go, “I’m sorry, I just thought, if you don’t mind, would you watch my routine and tell me what I need to work on? I think I’ll learn faster if an actual dancer tells me what I need to work on.”

            Tracy gapes at him unsure, but the expression on his face speaks to her ‘Don’t Go!’ “I guess its fine, I mean, you saw me dance so it be fair if I see you right?” she grins artfully outside while screams cheerfully on the inside to be able to stay with him longer.

            Steven brings out a sheet of paper that displays the routine in images and explanation. Tracy looks it over to see it starts with basic ballet steps and a mix of simple modern dance steps.

            “Well this looks good; let me see how you present the dance please.”

“Wow, you actually sound like a teacher,” Steven chuckles.

“As of right now, I kind of am, now dance,” she pushes him off to the center. 

Steven grins at her and moves into First Position, as the music plays he moves his feet into a brush, moving his leg away from his standing leg as it skims the floor and returns it to position. He then walks forward moving up and down on to his tiptoes and heels and comes to a stop bringing his arms close to his chest tightly.

“Okay, stop right there, it’s not too bad, but you have to present more with your arms; when you’re dancing you’re arms are another attention grabber, you know what I mean?”

Steven smiles, “Yeah, I believe so.”

“Here,” she walks over behind him, “Put your feet in first position.”

Steven does what he’s told, “Now, straighten your back and left your arms and shoulders in a podium stance,” Tracy’s touch on his back and neck causes him to tingle as he tries to remain still.

            “Don’t get too stiff, losing up your muscle.”

Steven gives her a cynical look, “Says the one who gets more nervous in front of people.”

Tracy pouts in annoyance, “Do you want my help or not!”

“Please continue mademoiselle,” he says with a fake accent.

She chuckles slightly and continues her coaching. As she touches his body she can feel the heat of his skin contacting to hers and she wonders what it would be like to be held between his arms and chest; a thought came to mind.

“Hey, when you did that last position, you were squeezing pretty tightly.”

Steven turns to her, “Really? I thought it was normal?”

Tracy moves to his front a feet away and turns her back to him, “Come from behind me and hug me.”

            Steven stands hesitant, “Uh, are you sure?”

Tracy looks back at him, “Yes, do the dance steps toward me and when you get to me, hug me, but try not to do it so tightly.”

            Steven anxiously breathes in and steps up and down to Tracy. Once he is inches behind her he moves his body quietly close as if a wolf was ready to pounce on his prey, but he withdrew his strength and folds his arms around her buxom waist gently.

 Tracy feels his arms slowly wrap around her as though he was a long lost lover she hasn’t seen in centuries desiring her after a long wait and yet held her with only the wish to cherish her with more years to come. She feels his breathe on her neck and looks up into his eclipsed eyes. No longer holding any sense, Steven looks in her copper colored eyes and targets onto those luscious lips; he begins to draw closer along with Tracy slowly closing in like a magnet being drawn to another. Their lips come to contact for a moment and part, but in that moment they felt a sense of ecstasy and longing. As their lips touch again they are sealed shut. Tracy turns her body to Steven and runs her hand across his neck to feel his soft locks that felt as though she was touching feathers. She feels his arms tighten around her as their tongues dance as she had done all over the dance floor. Steven moves his hands roughly around her body to her straight slim back to the curves and thighs. Tracy moans sensationally to his touch as he moves his mouth to her neckline kissing her collar bone like a vampire ready to feast.

“Ah, wait…,” she gasps, “I smell don’t I?”

            Steven breaths heavily, “Are you serious? You smell so damn good, I’m losing my mind!” He continues to kiss her by gently biting her lower lip and moving up from her lips to her nose, eyes and head. Steven lips come back to hers as they continue passionate tongue dance. Tracy can still feel his hands traveling every inch of her body as she soon begins to feel weak in the knees. Steven presses on deeper into her mouth as he feels her tighten her arms around his shoulder almost asking him to give his support to hold her closer.  

However, Tracy pulls away to catch her breath, “Hold on, I’m sorry. I’ve never done this before, kissing someone I just met? Doing this? There must be something wrong with me.”

            Steven looks at her worried face and brings his head done to her, “Then, there must be something wrong with me too. I’ve never done before with a girl I just met.”

            They look into each other eyes neither regretting or feeling lost.

“I just want you to know, I’m not some easy girl who goes out with ever guy who compliments or dances with her,” she pushes her forehead on his.

            Steven laughs, “That’s good, because I’m not some guy who randomly ask any girl to teach me to dance so carefully; you are…,” he puts his lips on hers, “the only one I want to dance with this close.”

            Tracy laughs and hugs him. They’re about to kiss again, when Stevens phone suddenly rings a siren noise.

            “Ah, Damnitt!” He walks fast to turn it off and sighs in disappointment.

“What’s wrong?”

            “My alarm, it was to let me know when my hour is up, the next one to use the room should be coming soon,” he looks down in discouragement.

            “Oh,” Tracy frowns as well.

Steven looks back at her, “Do you think…we could go get some dinner together? I know this really nice place in town that serves a great pasta or if you prefer something else?”

            Tracy smiles with his pleading eyes on her, “I would love too.”

Steven smiles with success written on his face. 

They talk for a moment and exchange phone numbers and before they walk out the door they kiss again with their reflections materializing on the walls.

       

© 2015 Arline


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on September 6, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015

Author

Arline
Arline

TX



About
Hello! I'm happy to be joining in on the WC family. I love to read fantasy and romance novels or series and I love to read manga and watch anime as well :) My main focus when writing comes to poetry a.. more..

Writing
The Cut The Cut

A Poem by Arline