I love my showers

I love my showers

A Story by Ralphy
"

The ritual begins as we assume too much

"

 

I love my Showers
Almost anytime of the day, I like my hot steamy showers that caress my body as well as my soul. Of course, the cleanliness is the primary goal but what it boils down to is that of therapeutic value. 
My bathroom is cozy, not too big and not too small, not too old and not too new, which is similar to the average bathrooms around the world. My bathroom window is the typical type that allows you to see out but not in although I could never see out of it. Finally, it has a standard bathtub with a nonstandard showerhead that sends water bouncing to all areas of my body that just makes me want to sing. 
I love to prance myself around the tube, soaking up that steam as the scent of the body wash signals the lathering ritual. My chocolate body now becomes a thick cream of foam that tingles each second it hovers over my combination of muscle and tissue that awaits, the rinse. The blasting steam scrubs every inch of body from head to toe as I twist and turn to complete the most joyous occasion. Now that I am clean, the therapeutic session begins as the blanket of steam engulfs my body, mind and soul until the endless hot springs has emptied.
Stepping out into the cooler air allows me to feel that freshness as body liquid evaporates. Toweling dry, accenting and sprucing up has now finished this wondrous occasion. So now I can join the world once again as I have so many times before. 
A quick walking around the property shows me the house is secure as I glance at the bathroom window. I see my bottle of green Pert with the words “Fresh and Clean” written under it while the bottle of Irish Spring with the phrase “12 hours protection” visible from 20 feet away. I wondered as I pondered is that why I could not see out of that window? 

© 2008 Ralphy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Of course it is a cozy environment, I don't blame you for loving your showers. Was this leading to suspicion that someone may be watching? You mentioned security and wondered why you couldn't look out your window? I was a little confused with that.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nothing like a great shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lol, hmmmmm. You might want to look into the window problem. This was lovely, and I gatta say that I'm as big a shower fiend as you are, they make the day sooooo much better. But anyway, this was great, and fun, and silly... Good job ^^

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very interesting. Maybe it's something as simple as the window being backwards? Idk it's a thought. Good piece though. It's very relaxing. makes me want to take a shower! Good work

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I always feel like I'm standing in a waterfall. This peice itself, is relaxing and therapeutic. I loved this.


Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The most therapeutic part of the morning ritual. It awakens the senses and prepares for a wonderful day.

Great choice of words, good form. Great flow, and an interesting and good way to end the story.

This is a very enjoyable read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I'm...thinking you're either a pervert or a peeping tom LOL, what a curious take on being in the shower or simulating a shower and then you're looking around the property and see your shower lol.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 21, 2008
Last Updated on April 21, 2008

Author

Ralphy
Ralphy

Belleville, MI



About
No matter how dark life is, or how clouded, there is always a lighter side to itone that fills you heart with love and your soul with joy Im a complex person of multiracial background, about 5.. more..

Writing
Colorful Goo Colorful Goo

A Poem by Ralphy


The Canvas The Canvas

A Poem by Ralphy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain