Did your Love Go Away

Did your Love Go Away

A Poem by Barbara Borel

To my loved once and always adored. Dost thou still love me? Do you remember my eyes of brown with a sad dark sunset falling. I have followed your soul for many lifetimes.

Can you be real or are you a hallucination I have dreamed of for centuries?

Did your love for me go away? Why do you hurt me with your speechlessness. Worlds away... So sadly apart.

What have I done to deserve this discord? For once we were in harmony, lovers, a life shared and adored.

Do I know shame and disgust you like a winch in the streets begging? Begging for you to love me. Begging for the life you so wanted with me. Is it real or a lie?

Have you chosen another lover and saw your love for me as a mistake?

You must tell me at once for my heart can no longer bear. Do you still love me or am I doomrd to this eternal life as a lost soul to die alone screaming for your love. For I'm going mad with desire... To know the truth and desire for you.

For if your love is true, be real and come to me with fragrant flowers and gentle kisses. Hold your hands in mine take me, all of me and tell me once and for all this is real, we are real, and that our love is real.

© 2016 Barbara Borel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on November 25, 2016
Last Updated on December 3, 2016

Author

Barbara Borel
Barbara Borel

Metairie , LA



About
Born and raised in New Orleans. Use words as a way of expressing myself. I dont write for an audience or to get praise or please anyone. Writing is therapy. In my eyes expressing words in paper... th.. more..

Writing
Let me Let me

A Poem by Barbara Borel