Our Last Goodbye

Our Last Goodbye

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Trying to find the words, cutting and twisting like a knife in my heart waiting and hoping that this pen would move and flow to this sad song, the haunting memories of you.

 

I've been called selfish for wanting you here. You should be here. But only your fading memories stands before me, with your angelic smile or witty remarks hanging sweetly from your lips. The quirkiness of your own personality, the things I miss the most about you. You were the strong bonds of our family that kept us high up in face of our families tragedies.

 

But losing you was a far greater tragedy.

 

The faint whispers of screaming through dark hallways of those suffering...waiting for the time when the angels leave their posts to collect the souls of the dead. I knew this day would come as you slipped in and out of illness, so close to death. You held on til the very end. Flickering lights told me this was to be the end as you blink without words I try to prepare myself for the worst as I try to hold on to your lessons. Be strong, I'll always be with you, you whisper to me with one final "I love you". With a kiss on the cheek, and your smile quickly fading - we say our last goodbye.

 

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I think anyone who has dealt with a family member's or friend's death can relate to this piece. It captured my attention and brought tears to my eyes. This piece is captures the emotions very well. Great Job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can truly understand your pain, better than I would ever want to. Loss is something we all have to deal with, some more than others. It doesn't get any easier.

Posted 12 Years Ago


When one has lived through the story of this poem...they can feel your hurt and remember their own when they also lost a loved one..lol and God bless..Kathie

Posted 12 Years Ago


To experience death against backdrop promises of immortality, is a challenge to any faith or friendship. To return to say, that is the way of the flesh, is to bring a new perspective to our experiences. It redeems life as does your poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Holy...Wow!! Man, this is such a very sad piece! So very moving and deeply sad :( Im so sorry if this really happened, and i send my condolences. Such a deep and heartfelt piece with amazing emotion! *Hugs*

M.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"I Love You", could there be a more perfect phrase for the feelings you conjure in your readers, awe inspiring, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2011
Last Updated on September 1, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..