Lies

Lies

A Poem by Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

I wish for once I could take a journey and skim through the thoughts of your mind. Hoping for some kind of evidence to the murder mystery of my broken soul and the games you play with my heart. Empty promises linger on your tongue, words that can never be erased from my mind. I won't ever feel this way again. Trying to hide the truth of reality, but the truth I can always find. Lies, and more lies, digging a deeper grave.

 

By now, you must know what you're doing. Holding the strings of me and controlling every emotion. Every blissful kiss, a memory of bittersweet exctasy not worth letting go, but now it stings in my heart with every lie you've ever told. Lost in your eyes, it's hard for me to believe this is the end. You promise me the world, this time it will be alright....but something inside myself tells me its just another lie.

© 2011 Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intense, dramatic. Love your flare! The highs bring the lowest lows don't they?

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing piece of writing, congratulations x

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a great read. I like the emotion behind it and all the words you chose, and the writing style.

Posted 12 Years Ago


love and loss, the abuse of a loving heart, love has many shades and some may be dark...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh i Hate lies!!!! I've been lied to a lot of times in my lifetime. I know how that feels. I hate rumors that aren't even true, and people who get others into trouble for no reason as well. There's sick, ignorant, and very stupid people out there who just do things to the innocent, 'cause they have nothin' else better to do. That's how they get their kicks. Great piece tho. Came full circle.

M.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I seriously felt like you were writing this about my life. You created a great poem that many people can relate to. Loved it! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very strong poem. Love is a mystery. Never know where it may lead. Need love and kindness/hope. I tell people go slow and easy. Good things take time. I like the questions raised by the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


The bitter realization of betrayal by the one you trusted the most. The pain is very much there in every word. Excellent poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


it hurts when ,lies , are the truth but it happens. sometimes we see the end and dont believe it, sometimes we believe the end and dont .. want .. to see it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Poets who speak of lies - that's a contradiction in terms, unless its a game, then the poet ought to look at who's making up the stories. Such a story-teller knows what it takes to spin a relationship in the world, without which each human is simply a standing tree. When you come back to the spin someday, try not to forget how it began in the first place. Bittersweet ecstacy? Can I have that for take-away?

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 9, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011

Author

Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen
Beautifully Tragic xPoetry Queen

Passionate kisses of a mind gone wild, NJ



About
My name is Rayne and I have been writing since high school. I took a long vacation from writing, and slowly starting to come back into it again. I admit that I am not the greatest writer, I'm just doi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cinquain # 4 Cinquain # 4

A Chapter by Mimi