The faithful and the faithless

The faithful and the faithless

A Story by Gnost
"

A conversation between believer and non-believer, discussing the dilemmas of God. In this story the T stands for Theist and A for (Atheist)

"
A: How was the beginning of us, human?
T: Earth soil, the very dirt we stepped upon
A: So, how come there's still dirt ?
T: We are the dirt upon dirt, of which He saw greatness within

A: Then what about our supposed-to-be ancestor?
T: Similar, but unlike us, they despised each other. Leading to their destruction. They was here, before us. But upon God's grace and might, the first man, Adam was created. He was the first to interact with god.
A: Supposed that they are all His creation, then they're all failed, impure dirt compared to adam? Why ?
T: Like i said, Adam was the first of his kind, human with noble heart. He was God's first messenger.
A: So, before Adam was created, there were no messenger ? And God expect them to bow upon his might?
T: They were not created upon His Image: compassionate, intelligent, and all merciful.
A: that proved my point. So the supposed predecessor of Men was a failed experiments of god ?

A: So, in your monotheistic canon, they occured in Mid-eastern land?
T: Yes, as it was told.
A: If it's one and only creator of all, why should He pointed those people? What about the others? Does that make God quite picky ? Of all his creation ?
T: He proposed that those people on the Holy books were an example for mankind.
Somewhere other than this region, they have their kind of stories, with different implications.

A: Funny thing is, it seems that the God of these people really lacked charisma
T: Why would you say that?
A: Because they seemed to believe him, then turned against him. Over and over.
T: That's why the messenger's existence was vital: man cannot comprehend Divine language, only the chosen one, aka prophet, apostles, were able to understand Him.
A: Why didn't he create all of His creation equally so that he won't send them over again? Saves a penny, i'd say
T: That's not it. God wanted to test us, to prove ourselves in front of Him. So that we may join His kingdom in Heaven.
A: Then, like I said earlier, he's one picky Creator, don't you think ?
T: No. He is selective. Cause he told mankind how to and how not to gain his favour.
A: No, their implications are similar.
T: Just like a teacher testing the students. They gained equal knowledge, and equal opportunity of their teacher's favour: good score and better understanding.
A: And not all of the students are as bright as the students who gained the teacher's favour. It's a teacher job to make his or her students smarter, you know. Some might fail, some might succeed for their own reasons. Some will cheat, and some would care less about the class.
T: No, life isn't anything like a classroom.
A: My point exactly. You're the one who pointed God's way of judging is equal to at teacher.

T: Why don't you believe in God?
A: Personal preference.
T: Tell me, all of them.
A: I was raised on religious household. My father was, my mother was religious.
T: Why didn't you ended up like them?
A: I woke up one day and I realized that i think religion is a matter of legacy rather than choice.
T: They wanted the best for you. And their religion was one of them.
A: That's the problem. Where do you think they get their religion from?
T: Their parents, from other people ?
A: Correct. Now their parents' parents must think identical if their family's religion was consistent. They slipped their religious statjs along with from socio-cultural, moral, ethical values.
T: That doesn't point out the answer of my question. You described only your dissatisfaction and disbelief toward religion's nature. Why don't you believe in god ?
A: Like those long mumbo jumbo, God is another legacy waiting to be forgotten.

T: If you don't believe in God, what do you believe ?
A: The great flying Snail called Larry.
T: That's preposterous. There's no such thing. It's just a fruit of your imagination.
A: Like God.
T: No, no.
A: Try to imagine god. In your mind it could be anything. But there's one figure you cannot deny. An old man in the sky figure.
T: No, my God's form is incomparable to hus creation.
A: What, he's formless ?
T: No! He's unimaginable.
A: Now you're imagining Him to be unimaginable.

A: How do you treat non-believer like me?
T: On my book, you need to be killed. But that's 'legal' as long as you harmed me first.
A: So it is fine to kill on those circumstances anyway?
T: Those are war-related. We're not at war.
A: But still it is quite legal according to your book to kill?
T: you're just cherrypicking the 'problematic' verses to justify your disbelief.

T: it is said that your erratic attitude toward God is associated with the term atheism
A: Pretty much
T: So you're an atheist?
A: you may say that.
T: do you even read the book ?
A: I did
T: All verse ?
A: all of it.
T: don't you realize that you're just a hypocrite ? You don't believe in God and here we are, talking about God. At least, you pointed God in your statements.
A: Just because you're talking about the flying Snail called Larry, that doesn't mean you believe in it. Yes, i stated some infos about God, but that's because we're talking about Him. I was religious, yet i grew skeptical of my beliefs. Here, we shared our ideas and standpoint only, not proving Him on a science laboratory.

© 2017 Gnost


Author's Note

Gnost
somehow, atheist might looked a bit 'smarter', but his words are as paradoxical as the theist guy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on August 24, 2017
Last Updated on August 24, 2017
Tags: Atheism, dialog

Author

Gnost
Gnost

Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia



About
A wanderer, wandering the wonders of the world. more..

Writing
Eventually Eventually

A Story by Gnost