Speak your mind

Speak your mind

A Poem by BLACKCRUSH
"

Just a old poem...changed a few lines.

"

When will beauty come my way? If I dye my hair, fix my nose

rock all the newest clothes? When will beauty come my way?

Will it come when I get a b**b job then spend a fortune on

a new Saab? Will it come if I eat less, eat meat less and now can

fit into a child's dress?When will beauty come my way? Maybe it will

come if I'm at the best clubs, with friends that have the best drugs,

in the VIP rooms vomiting on the best rugs. When will beauty come my way?

Maybe thats, not my beauty? So what if I have a booty. I may

never be societys social beauty. I am strong and proud and beauty

see's what I'm all about. My body curves like the roads around me

but it is also strong like the roots on a tree. It took me awhile to realize

but beauty never left me.

© 2018 BLACKCRUSH


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this--these sentiments need to be expressed. You address society's many assaults on self-image with good detail. I especially like "my body curves like the roads around me but is also strong like the roots on a tree. It took me a while to realize but beauty never left me." Many of us can relate to the images and thoughts here. Thanks for writing this celebration of true beauty.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is wonderful. It reminds young women to love themselves for who they are.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Beauty is within you and all around you. You move with a quiet grace, bringing it with you on all occasions, and those who love you are warmed by its glow.

A lovely poem--you express the burden we all feel of being measured by standards--ideals that are meaningless, but despite our best efforts, continue to dog us.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This poem is flawless in its rawness, honesty and message. Everyone has beauty that's most of the time unrealized. It has never left us and has definitely never left you. This poem is therapeautic and I enjoyed it for the lessons it teaches. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Damn, this was great. When I grow up I want to be a poet like this. Your piece is bad and I hope to one day see life this way. I liked the way I was seeing the world until I read this piece. Now I want your eyes, soul and spirit because you have captivated mine. Straight to my favorite. WOW!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing... I loved it. I've gone through this just last year.

"It took me awhile to realize
but beauty never left me."

My favourite line. Very grounded and self-loving. Wonderful job.

~Veralily

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow i love this poem, so strong, so wonderful. in this society, so superficial & shallow, they wouldn't see true beauty if it sat on their face. my favorite lines "When will beauty come my way? Maybe it will

come if I'm at the best clubs, with friends that have the best drugs,

in the vip rooms vommiting on the best rugs." this is a sincere, emotional, and deep write. leaves the reader much to think about. true beauty comes from within, from the soul, from the heart, from confidence such as yours. "It took me awhile to realize but beauty never left me." what a powerful, confident message. absolutely stunning.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Solid! You know, it's amazing, but no matter WHAT scale of physical beauty is applied, all too many women are unable to appreciate their own charms, which by the way are NOT irrelevant. I don't buy the outer vs. inner beauty thing, 'cause they are inextricably linked. When a woman embraces beauty in her soul, two important things occur. First, she rises above over-concern with appearances. Second, she is ALSO physically more beautiful because she both radiates that AND takes care of her body. Personally, I don't think a 6 ft. stick figure is ideal, any more than I excuse a fattie 'cause she's "lovely on the inside." Forget the dichotomies. Develop a soulful strong attitude and be fit. End of story.

Now, I don't know whether to apply your fine prose poem to you or a hypothetical poetic other, 'cause YOU are absolutely gorgeous, with a wonderful body, face, eyes, AND a soulful radiance.

"My body curves like the roads around me/but it is also strong like the roots on a tree. It took me awhile to realize/but beauty never left me." Spiritually beautiful lines.

Beauty remains a powerful SEAMLESS theme, and thanks for sharing yours.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem made me pause for thought, after reading it for a second time. Only then, did I realise what the writer is trying to express.

Although she feels proud of her attractive physique, there is some fear regarding social etiquette. Perhaps the writer is worried that this might prevent her from acquiring true beauty? Either way, she seems to understand that there is more than one kind of beauty. Indeed, the writer suggests this rather well. For example, she refers to "social beauty".

The protagonist even wonders if the "best clubs" or "best drugs" will help her to find what she is looking for (see line six)!

I liked the ending to this poem. It was quite nice to read that the writer actually does appreciate her bodily strength, "strong like the roots on a tree" (line 11). But also, her attractive shape, "My body curves like the roads around me".

In the very last line, she reveals that, "beauty never left me".

One final thought. Has the writer used her search for beauty as a metaphor for the quest to find true love? Only she knows.

Another interesting poem, from "BlackCrush"!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this! I think this would be very inspirational to a lot of younger people out there.... It reminds me of TLC's song "Unpretty"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
you truly are beauty from the inside out.... your old auntie knows this for a fact.... this poem is so powerful and it is simply a reflection of your amazing mind, your strong will and artistic soul...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
11 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 14, 2018

Author

BLACKCRUSH
BLACKCRUSH

Indianapolis, IN



Writing
Smile Smile

A Poem by BLACKCRUSH


Volcano Volcano

A Poem by BLACKCRUSH


Dose Dose

A Poem by BLACKCRUSH