Missing mom. Just... Thoughts... Happy BDay!

Missing mom. Just... Thoughts... Happy BDay!

A Story by Broken Girl

 

So, I have very recently discovered that my mother started out as a beautiful, innocent, wild flower, that emerged from a seed into a lonely, empty field of burning flames, where even the angels cried. I should have saw her in a different light. Held her just a little bit closer... Now, it's just too late.

 

TOMORROW WOULD HAVE BEEN HER SPECIAL DAY, BUT LIKE A FLOWER IN WINTER, SHE JUST COULDN'T STAY.
I STILL SEE HER FACE IN EVERY CROWD. I HOPE THAT SHE KNEW, SHE MADE ME SO PROUD.
I'VE HEARD THAT TIME HEALS, AND EASES THE PAIN. SO FAR THAT'S A LIE, I STILL GO INSANE.
HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA, AND REJOYCE IN THE SKY. I'LL TRY TO BE STRONG, I'LL TRY NOT TO CRY.
TOMORROW WOULD HAVE BEEN HER SPECIAL DAY, BUT I CAN'T SPEND IT WITH HER... SHE WAS TAKEN AWAY...

~NIKKI GEE
(IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY MAMA 11/18/64~03/08/08)

 

© 2010 Broken Girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

your mama will be looking down upon you with the grace of angels, im sure she loves your poem and will ever keep it close to her heart x im sure she spills a tear for u also my love,leaving our children is the worst thing we could ever imagine much love to you x x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sorry for the loss of your mother. It is great responsibility to be a mother. They have the job of being kind and assisting us on the right road of life. I believe your words would make her proud of you. By remembering someone bring them back to life in our mind and heart. A sad and beautiful poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

((dear new friend))

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 23, 2010

Author

Broken Girl
Broken Girl

GA



About
"Call you up in the middle of the night, like a firefly without a light. You were there like a slow torch burning, I was a key that could use a little turning. So tired that I couldn't even sl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..