The First Whens? In .

The First Whens? In .

A Poem by Carol Maric

This piece might be restored.
Please feel free to read all the reviews below.  Thank You All !

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

mmmmmmmmmmm nice

Posted 14 Years Ago


god damn i would love to watch u perform a piece like this. u are definitely one of the most interesting, intriguing writers that i've ever encountered. i am thoroughly impressed.
6

Posted 16 Years Ago


i come back time and again and just look at your work. read it. look at it. ponder it. searching for the rosetta stone that will unlock the heart of it. sometimes i edge in closer and sometimes i don't. i always appreciate the artistry -- which is how i tend to read a lot of the reviews; that they appreciate the beauty even if they don't understand the meaning. to have seen you perform your pieces and to see them on the page is to experience two entirely different phenomena. your readings were visceral and energetic. on the page the piece engages the mind in a different way -- on an intellectual level, on aesthetic level, and on some kind of perceptual level that nudges different parts of the brain straighter verse doesn't get near. would it make sense to say that understanding is not a prerequisite for appreciation? that the journey is in and of itself compelling? that the meanings i take are not necessarily the most important part of the reading for me? i am not ashamed to profess ignorance sometimes -- it seems more fruitful perhaps than to claim insight where none exists. i may have rambled somewhat but i hope i struck somewhere near a salient point and that this came off as positive as i meant it to.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Another mindscape of a programmer. LOL great write!!!

Dostani

Posted 16 Years Ago


I always "enjoy" (is that a literary effect? lol) your work because it differs so much from mine. Your work always reminds me of the ongoing debate of whether someone must have a backround in literary criticism in order to value a work, or if Frost, Auden, Larkins and Co were right in "peddling" to the common man...only time will tell. But for whatever reason, your work has an undercurrent of Crane in DADA/Expreissionist form. Interesting read as always.

Posted 16 Years Ago


You are a word carver and your tools of knowledge create crystalline effigies that sparkle wonder ... When Joseph Brodsky wrote, 'Reading Poetry is like watching crystals grow', he was referring to the engaging process by which readings like this transfigure us in wonders ... Dreams are like Poetry and this Poem reflects it to the readers eye where the reader goes on to realize that if reading Poetry is like watching crystals grow then writing Poetry is like crystallizing realizations in time; either way there are a lot of reflections ...

writeous and wondrous write, Carol

Language is a constraint
which Poetry suffers
by bleeding its meaning
from the cuts of your wonder!

Posted 16 Years Ago


As many of your works, one has to reckon with the obscurantism of your hypertextual assault... though one gets the sense that a subjective effort of decoding the unity of your poem into significance baits all these sweet eurekas in the process of stretching the understanding over it; like cellophane that seem to not cover and insufficient space until you labor its augmentation.

The ending, if i'm on the right track is freakin wicked since it attacks from several angles.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1007 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 2, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing
WaitHere WaitHere

A Poem by Carol Maric



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..