Scriptio Continua

Scriptio Continua

A Poem by Carol Maric

© 2008 Carol Maric


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i may be oversimplifying myself in seeing this poem as splaying the fallacies of the scientific attack in thier over simplification.

Scriptia Continua qua title
reminds me of Kierkegaard's
'Concluding Unscientific Postscript'

if i understand this poem more it may make me laugh like i did when i read that essay

Posted 17 Years Ago


14 of 14 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It sure looks pretty

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 9 people found this review constructive.

Self absorbed and needlessly obfuscated. An ego trip masquerading as genius.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 9 people found this review constructive.

There's a lot of things I love about this poem. I really like how it fits into the grey area between sense and nonsense. It really left me wondering, "did I read it right?". I think the structure of the poem really helps that too. I keep feeling like it's a code that I need to figure out (which brings me back to read it more). Overall, it has a very cold, academic tone to it, but you throw a couple of more personal lines into it, and that offsets it pretty nicely. "Attitudes for the sake of effect" is a wonderful line. Hmm, that's all I've got for now. Thanks for writing this one. It's really captivating.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

I struggle with dadaism, as I have this ridiculous urge to rationalise everything. Anyway. I have no idea what is going on. This is incredibly interesting, and I wish I could say more, but without knowing what is going on I run the risk of humiliating myself.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.

Carol,

This poem is a bit binary in its gray matter. A technolinguistic piece reflecting, ironically, the traditional simplicity of the Dadaist. Of course the surreal wordscape you paint leads to me beyond each side of the page, over both edges . . . and then I find myself struggling to claw my way out of a caesura. Form equals content in this poem, truly. Very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 9 people found this review constructive.

relations between p and q

this poem is lovely in it's obscurity

Posted 16 Years Ago


9 of 10 people found this review constructive.

OMG, this totally starts out like an ordinary lucid set of happenings that then gain momentum into rapid thought, to the point of pain, well that?s how it seems to me those neurons don?t even know resting potential they just don?t stop firing, kind of deal, perfect for the genius that although winds up the winner indeed loses the polarity. Mostly its just the onlookers that think something?s amiss though, like the squint when attending to a very ordinary conversation because to the person with a lack of polarity its just not all that ordinary, what would they know lol. P and Q? the existing value and the middle ground? When pushing normalization? Overall I have to say that sounded a little like a triple bypass surgery coupled with a lobotomy for ocd?? Some marathon really. m ^^^ ^^^ w ....... mind praw (The Execution(ist) Movement) warp? I do enjoy the way you string words together, they can incite so much really.

Posted 16 Years Ago


10 of 10 people found this review constructive.

I think "rabble" sums up this poem. It is, indeed, a disorderly mob of words to which I am left burning at the stake in ignorance of the intelligence of the images before me. It feels kind of fun though in its' originality of line spacing and word combinations/ symbols. I wonder though if even you know what it means?? lol. I'm not going to even rate this because I feel like if it is a code then how can you possibly rate originality like that and if it isn't- but merely you messing with your readers then it doesn't deserve a rating anyway.

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

It slipped through my mind like a tile from a tall building. I always have to get over my initial sense that deliberate obscurity is an affront to communication. I went back at it and enjoyed certain elements but its entirety reflects dully- like concrete does. Here the buzz is ALL yours and I suspect you're not really sharing. The skill of it though has kept me mulling like a mullah. So thanks for that. Cheers Chris.

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

I feel as if I'm reading "The Wasteland" (TSEliot), tantalized to stretch to know yet feeling helpless to get all the (obscure?) references and translations. There seems to be an intersection of times in here with ancient Latin and current e-language.

eg "@cross purposes" and on...
and I laughed when I read "symbiosis the Winner/Loser Polarity. I hope it was ironic to others!
As with most obsessions (and obsessed), people either like them or don't. Takes a particular trance to flow with, in, on it. For me, an intriguing conundrum. I'll be back in a different trance! Thank you for writing.

Posted 17 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2028 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008
Last Updated on April 24, 2008

Author

Carol Maric
Carol Maric

And then went down to the ship, Set keel to breakers, forth on the godly sea, and . . . Ezra Pound (TCOEP).



About
" My life goal? Literary Immortality--without compromise. " " I would rather be skydiving while writing a book. " philosopher & polymath Author of the unpublished masterpiece PROTEAN NotUnTit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Child of God Child of God

A Poem by Bubo