The Final Minute

The Final Minute

A Story by Heromen Selena

Time slows. Horror flashes on bystander's faces. Friends open their mouths to scream and run away from me. Mark runs the opposite way, but is too late. I gasp in pain as I fall to the ground. The arrow piercing the middle of my chest. I lose control of my legs and they longer support me. Pain seeps through my spine and spread through my entire back. I land on the ground unable to figure out what to do. My mind, confused, goes through anything that might help me, but I come up empty. A whole second has passed and I already have lost hope.
Mark moves over me and stops at the arrow. With his mouth open and fear widen blue eyes, I can tell he doesn't know what to do either. I look anywhere from the arrow that will take my life and focus on breathing. If I can breathe long enough I can still say what I need to say. Time still is slowly moving as I take in my soul mate. Our fate has been intertwined since the beginning of time. With our hair black as night and skin pale as snow, it was clear we were fitting puzzle pieces. I concentrate on him, and only him.
Mark snaps the arrow and looks at the red blood against his white skin. He wipes it on his grey shirt and lifts me from my shoulders and knees. My head falls back and I can't see his beautiful face anymore. I panic and try to support it myself. Something cracks and my whole body goes limp. No! This can't happen now. I still need to tell him. Still need to talk with him one last time.
I fight the blackness. Swimming to the surface as quickly as possible I see my life passing by. Me as a baby, Mark and I first playing in my back yard, when my parents died in a car accident, Mark's family taking me in, our first kiss, the yesterday when we were founded guilty of murder of our emperor and sentenced to die, the night we ran away, this morning running to the air port minutes before I was shot down, and then being squewered. I force it all down and make it some how back to the present. My lungs fill with air as I realize that I'm not being carried any longer. Mark had put me down and is crying over my face. I touch his face, but he doesn't respond. I sit up and I feel no pain. Standing up I finally realize what has happened. I had died.

© 2012 Heromen Selena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hi,
wow that last sentence. The pace of this is great, slow in places and then suddenly fast at the right moments :D
I like it :) nice story :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jab
This is great. I love your writing style and the pacing. Can't wait to read more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2012
Last Updated on February 28, 2012

Author

Heromen Selena
Heromen Selena

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, NH



About
I haven't changed my "about me" section since I joined this website at least 5 years ago, so I think it's about time I changed it! Lot's of things have happened to me since then and I'm a completely d.. more..

Writing