Broken promises and forgotten places

Broken promises and forgotten places

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A wise man accept responsibility for his actions.

"
                                    Broken promises and lost places

I remembered we had dreams of being barefoot in wildflowers fields and love was to be forever.
I could sit and gaze at you for hours. Watch you plant  your herbal garden.
I loved seeing the pride in your eyes when life was born out of dirt and hard work.

We would lay nude on our soft bed surrounded by thick blankets till late afternoons on Saturday and Sunday.
We tried to keep the world at  bay.
You told me I was your savior and you were my princess.

I would write poetry and story by the small lake. You would study and peek at my words.
I remember your questions. "Johnnie, what are the paradox of being alive. Are we just wasting air and time?"

I loved watching your eyes. Your beautiful blue eyes hunger and searched for knowledge and life. Your heart and mind was soaring and free. I was just hanging on to you and adoring your beautiful face and blessed to
be near a divine and hopeful spirit.

I was cold and heartless when you came into my life. I didn't know love could be sweet. Woman could be gentle and kind. We had the strong wine of youth where life was uncertain and age was our disadvantage. We made love like it was our first and last time. You knew the serene emotion of love wasn't permanent. Time was short for two people with too many dreams and the sea separating them.

We parted on a cold December day. You were reaching for the stars and I was just trying to hold on.
Words can become useless, promises can become forgotten. The scars of love are written on the walls of our heart forever.

Broken promises and forgotten places become beautiful corridors in old age.
The phantoms of faces, words and turbulent times.
Can make the midnight hour of life more cheerful and complete.
Because we had loved and tested life often.

                                      Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new poem. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow,this is a very lovely poem, i enjoyed reading it so much and the way you describe everything is so vivid and yet so dreamy, it's as if i can actually picture those same memories and feel every sweet emotion. It's like reading a lovely book or being in a beautiful dream. well written, i enjoyed :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

wow,this is a very lovely poem, i enjoyed reading it so much and the way you describe everything is so vivid and yet so dreamy, it's as if i can actually picture those same memories and feel every sweet emotion. It's like reading a lovely book or being in a beautiful dream. well written, i enjoyed :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
A sad, yet incredibly beautiful write. I feel the loss but also the celebration. Just magical.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

She was a good lady. Some folks need to travel and can't be held down. We can get lucky and ride alo.. read more
WoW and Yes I enjoyed it very much so. I love how you make this poem come alive. I could learn a lot from reading your work. thank you for sharing. maria

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Maria. Life and writing is learning. We learn from each other. Thank you for reading and t.. read more
maria  ( rose)

10 Years Ago

:)yes, indeed. That's what makes Life so wonderful. Have a great day!
This poem makes one conjure the 'uncertainty of life',pervaded by 'the strong wine of youth', seeking love..someone to recieve one's 'serene emotion'. But as the stars are high, the play of life derails us from the track of love, with traces of made promises and reminiscent places. Here, i can say, there was something between you & her, but what you did was 'true love'. The flow of lines of this poem is exceptional.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and your kind words. I told my kids. Enjoy life, test life and travel. These a.. read more
Rehan Roy

10 Years Ago

'Enjoy life, test life & travel' You have said so much succintly with these words. Thank you so much.. read more
There cannot be a more beautiful poem than one that personifies love with all its shades of happiness and sorrow and transcendence and pain. This is a fitting tribute to an episode of love. Sometimes, in pain lies learning.

Thank you for this wonderful piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Priyanka. Love can be the best and worst days of a life. It is worth the journey.
This piece just breaks my heart all over again. Damn it sucks when they leave.

Beautiful, beautiful piece. But it makes my heart ache.

-Caradoc

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

It does. Some people are not support to be held on forever. Too much life in their spirit. Thank you.. read more
This writing is so introspective, sad and touching. I really admire you for accepting you made a mistake in letting someone so precious go. We often make this mistake, sometime in our lives and regret it till we live. But in life, there is no re-tracing of footsteps and we just have to keep moving on till it's time... I did enjoy this poem but more than that I felt a sadness for what could have been and what was lost. It was a wonderful read. Thank you sir...

Posted 10 Years Ago


When love comes into your life at just the right time, we tend to rely on it heavily....thinking it will solve all our problems. “The strong wine of youth” ah, yes, I remember it well! :) The urgency of desire, the unbridled passion that wanes in later years. Promises made at the start of such a relationship are seldom kept and broken hearts are always the result. However, in hindsight, perhaps that is for the best. Remembering old romances and the feelings from way back when is the stuff that fills lonely nights. I am sure there are many in nursing homes who sweetly smile remembering. The places are never really forgotten...and neither are the faces. However, the pain does soften with age. Beautifully written, John. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia. We need those old memories. Keep us young in heart.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Asb
that is amazing.....i could live the lines
like a movie in front of me....so straight and humble
could not be put better....
peaceful and serene
awesome work...
cheers!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. Old memories become less painful with distance.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 10, 2014
Last Updated on February 10, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Checking out Checking out

A Poem by Jack...


Bereft Bereft

A Poem by Sami Khalil