Ernest Hemingway

Ernest Hemingway

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A great writer lost too soon.

"
                           




                        Ernest Hemingway

When I was young. I wanted to be like Ernest Hemingway. He found peace in war, tropical places and drinking.
He left us with the legacy of loving the women and his suicide.

With old age upon me. It is hard to find the energy to move now. I wondered what Hemingway felt and knew at my age?

I wasn't no Hemingway. The old wars were more bloody and deadly. Hemingway was a medic in WW1 and a reporter in WW2. He knew what war was.

I saw small wars, tropical places and drank. I loved the woman a lot and still. I did learn how life can lose value and war leave graves of dead men only, to be forgotten. Suicide isn't easy. Hard on the people left behind.

God taught me young. Suicide isn't the way to go. I put two brothers into early graves who killed themselves. They fear life more than death. Their life were a empty journey and they held no hope. Their suicide roads left many to mourn.

I learned from a dear Grandmother her view on life. "Live forever and piss-off the people because you won't die."

I wished Hemingway had lived. He had so much to tell. His words would of made the world a better place. Today I live for my kids, grandchildren and my family. I'm tire of war and violence.

One day at the Purgatory Inn.  Ernest and I will play a game of chess, drink some whiskey and discuss the foolish actions of men. I hope.

                               Coyote/John Castellenas


       

© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
For Hemingway. A great writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
such wonderful tribute my good friend, He has inspired many people, I never knew he commit suicide, that was a tragic lost, perhaps he has a tragic past that greatly contributed to his wisdom and insight through-out his writing...

"Suicide isn't the way to go."

yes, it isn't, life's answer will be written by you or by fate's decision or there are many more to discover on your own, as long as you live by to the fullest of your life - no matter what...


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pax. His suicide surprised many. He did see a lot of bad things. The old wars were very bl.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

the war before will never be the same as today, i am not sure which has more chaos, but I think i am.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
such wonderful tribute my good friend, He has inspired many people, I never knew he commit suicide, that was a tragic lost, perhaps he has a tragic past that greatly contributed to his wisdom and insight through-out his writing...

"Suicide isn't the way to go."

yes, it isn't, life's answer will be written by you or by fate's decision or there are many more to discover on your own, as long as you live by to the fullest of your life - no matter what...


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pax. His suicide surprised many. He did see a lot of bad things. The old wars were very bl.. read more
Pax

9 Years Ago

the war before will never be the same as today, i am not sure which has more chaos, but I think i am.. read more
A wonderful tribute Coyote :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Corset. We need to remember the great writers.
Ernest Hemingway was one of the greatest. This a great tribute to him that just glows with humility. Giving him the respect he definitely deserves. Perfect write, Coyote. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Michael. Hemingway is one of my favorite.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing