You are me and I'm you

You are me and I'm you

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Little separate us. All people want to live.

"





                       You are me and I'm you

People who see color, race and religion. Are truly blind.
Don't you cry for the sick child.
Don't you hold the mother or father who lost a son or daughter.
Share tears for someone else in mourning.

You are me and I'm you.
If someone is murdered near or far.
Miles separation doesn't make us not know less sadness.

I know every life is important.

They shot down planes. What words can you give a family to understand?
In Africa and Asia. People murdered for the sake of religion.
Brother and sister. One planet and one people.
If you kill. The blood become part of you.
Who will make the Soldier understand. They killed for land and oil?
Soldiers know. You are me and I'm you.

Race, religion and color is forgotten when real men stand shoulder to shoulder.
Trying to survive and go home.

Who is crying for the Muslim and Christians being murdered in Asia and Africa.
All of us should.

Children are the future. We must teach them well. Brothers and sisters.
What did we leave them?


Christians Murdered in Nigeria 2


"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

  “I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love.”

 Mahatma Ghandi quote




Blood demand more blood. Who will put the guns down first?  He who bow his head down to pray for peace. Offered food, water and medicine. These are the true peacekeepers.

Coyote/John Castellenas



Someone told me. We must fight. It is the nature of man. I asked her. Do you want your son to die for the greed of war? Her eyes watered and she held silence for a second. She said no.


If we accept war as a norm. You must accept your children fighting and dying for far away places who do not appreciate the life of children, woman and old people. 


You can't teach peace and kindness. You must want it.  Madmen are leading the world. USA need to stay home and quit sending weapons.


Old wise saying. Fix your own house before repairing someone else home.


We live in a sad world. A world where life shields are needed to protect woman and children is needed.

Thank you for reading and remember Rachel Corrie. A human life shield murdered by Israel.


                                 Coyote/John Castellenas












© 2014 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A lot of thoughts. Please read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh God. This is an eye-opener. This speaks so much truth. Every word just struck me. A very thought-provoking piece. I nearly got goosebumps while reading this. And the photos/vids, my heart ached for some reasons. Violence must come to an end and soon be replaced with equality, hope and integrity. This was excellent! Your wisdom is truly wonderful, Coyote.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Thrinna. Listen to Rachel Corrie. Her video bring tears to me 10 years later.
Thea

9 Years Ago

I'll look for it. :)



Reviews

This means so many different and complex things. Probably a different meaning to each reader that looks into it and interprets it. The title feels a very significant parallel. The whole piece is contemplative, it is spiritual to me, but denotes the human aspect without a conscience. Leaves me in deep thought.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I wanted to make people think. A lady with her son on active duty wanted us to support Israel. I ask.. read more
The sheer pointlessness of war and the suffering it brings, (mostly to the innocent,) is agony to the caring heart. I imagine an older, much wiser race looking down from somewhere out in the far reaches of space and shaking their heads in despair.

Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. Man does many foolish acts. Very hard to understand. Thank you for reading and the comment... read more
I am in tears for the little ones, all humanity weeps for them and also for all those who are suffering and dying because of hatreds and prejudices. We are all one and it's time we put this thought into words. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this profoundly moving subject.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I worry for the future. Many blind eyes to the sadness of the world. I tell people. Faraway war will.. read more
DIVYA

9 Years Ago

I agree, it is not long before we say war near our own doorstep...
It is my pleasure sir. You .. read more
When one person dies, we all die in one way or another. I will never understand such pain and slaughtering of mass numbers. I do understand it is greed and power and the fact that the elites care not who wins in such times. Breaks my heart and for all the political side to it that could be mentioned, I sometimes have to take a deep breath and release a few tears - I find myself sinking into despair and yet know the the power of light can help if we all share the same want for peace...so much death and I grow more depressed with it daily...poor, poor children and parents, poor innocent people who just want to live a normal life and have a damn roof over their heads and a full belly...sickening, to say the least.

Thank you for posting such a poignant piece of empathy...needed and so worthy of reading - love to you hon xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I wrote the poem after watching the funeral of the people who die in the air cr.. read more
Ruth

9 Years Ago

Yes...with that and the current wars raging, it sparked in my heart love, sorry for my ramble xx
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Always a pleasure to have a conversation with you.
We're all aware of the collateral damage brought by war, and we all wish to mind our own business if possible, but the truth is that modern weapons of mass destruction know no boundaries. Diabolical research is always going on for new and more powerful weapons of mass destruction, and just as soon as one nation gets the drop on all the others, then another world war of domination will most likely ensue as it always has throughout human history. Human beings feel that they must use their weapon’s advantage before others get it to use against them. It’s all about fear and distrust. The next world war could be a war of total species extinction lest God herself descends from the clouds and saves us all from ourselves.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. Upcoming wars will be extreme and deadly. I pray we learn before a nuclear weapon is used. .. read more
Aethereal

9 Years Ago

Unfortunately, even more destructive weapons than nuclear weapons are now on the drawing boards such.. read more
There is the truth that once we embrace … hate and anger evaporate. On this planet, there is no separation. We are all one small bit of the whole and when we attack ourselves, we behave the cancer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right. I hope it don't take a nuclear weapon. The human being will learn one day. Every life.. read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Just the conquering of ego, I think:)
This is outstanding. Who cares why? Where does it end, and blood is blood, death is death, no matter the victim, it is not justified by religion or hate or any other "cause". Thank you for sharing this excellent piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I went to many funeral. There is no race in sadness, pain and hurt.
Absolutely wonderful message you are putting out there Coyote, we are all in each other. My friend and I just had this conversation yesterday. She got a rude comment about her race that was supposed to be taken as a compliment. But we are all the same species and we are all connect, all human beings, with thoughts and feelings. We all bleed, cry, feel happiness, sadness, pain. And we can only hope one day everyone will understand this and the war and poverty will end. Thank you for writing this, it was a pleasure to read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I hope we learn. All of us. The world isn't so big. We must get along. Thank you for reading and the.. read more
I think I do remember hearing about this and crying
I was 24 years old when she passed away in 2003.



I Enjoyed reading this even though this was so
so sad and there is so much hate in the world the
ones that show hate don't have love or
even know what it is it seems anymore if their hearts
are filled with Hate.


People who see color, race and religion. Are truly blind.
Don't you cry for the sick child.
Don't you hold the mother or father who lost a son or daughter.
Share tears for someone else in mourning.

Thank you for sharing this heart wrenching
Dedication my friend and you're very right.

Blessings. Benita/ Kindred poet


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kindred poet. We must keep aiming at some kind of peace. I hope we left something for the .. read more
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

You're quite welcome. it was a pleasure to read I love your work. Blessings. Benita/ Kindred poet
My heart is fragile for such overwhelming writings, i read the first part but failed to continue :(

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You want tears. Read about Rachel Corrie. A christian woman, a life shield for strangers. She taught.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

620 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos


Distance Distance

A Poem by A. Amos