Please come home to me

Please come home to me

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just good song and story.

"
   
                  Please come home to me

I called you from Monterey. I told you the sea is so beautiful. The Pacific ocean sings to me, bring me hope. I drink coffee all day. I drink the California wine in the night. I sit in the places where Hemingway found some kind of peace. Monterey is so beautiful. Please come live with me, near the sea. We could drink wine in the early morning and watch the sunrise. I need your beautiful face to see. Dear Julie told me. "Baby, you can't run away things left behind. I won't come to California honey. I will wait for you here in the four seasons of our home in Michigan. I love you my Johnnie. Come home soon."

I called you from Austin, Texas. I told you the days are hot. I can Texas two-step and the people in Texas are cool.  They love to dance and drink. Celebrate being alive. A lot of work for you here in Texas. Winter is easy and we can roam the old cities. Go to San Antonio to talk and drink some coffee my Julie. They love my poetry here. You would Texas my love.  Please come and live forever with me in Texas. Dear Julie told me. "I love you Johnnie. Texas is too damn hot for a Michigan girl. I like my Summer days warm and the nights cooler. You can write your words here with me in Michigan. We can begin a life and you can quit running from dead brothers and regret. I'm here waiting for you and the Fall is here. The trees are colorful and beautiful. I wish you would come home. The road don't need you no more. If you need me. I'm here waiting for you in Ann Arbor. It is time to come home my Johnnie.


I called you from Fort Steward, Georgia.  I told you the Georgia coastline is God's country. The people are kind and the cities are beautiful. I drive every weekend to the Atlantic sea. I have been suicide boarding the Winter storms. You would love the sea. Florida is two hours away. We could drive to Daytona. Drink the good beer and dance on the beach like kids again. I need you here with me Julie. I'm falling apart again. I need your smile and kind words near.  Please come to Georgia. Dear Julie told me. "Been five years. You volunteered for every war and re-enlisted for more time. Johnnie, I like my life the same. Same house, same coffee and my family near. If you can't stop running. I can't be your yearly stopover anymore. I need you here with me in Ann Arbor. The Spring is here. The flowers are blooming and the tree are alive and strong. Please Johnnie, come home to me before you forget me my love.

I called Julie from Honduras. I told her. I'm so far away. I'm sorry my Julie. I have loved you for 20 years. You are right my love. I'm looking for the wrong things. I know you are my only sweet touch in my life. Time for you to give-up on me. You are sweet as honey and I can't stay too long anywhere. I'm running from the devil. Julie was crying and told me. "Traveling fool. I don't know how long I can wait. I planted my flowers and sang songs to you. I need you here, but baby. You must decide. To fight your wars and demons or come home to me."

I told Julie. I love you and thank you. You are my only gentle touch in a life going to hell. I knew she was crying. She knew I wasn't coming home the same. I didn't call dear Julie no-more. Letters came for awhile. She got marry and I got drunk in 40 countries. I tell the young Soldiers. Stay home and hold on to the sweet hearts waiting. Don't be a dumb-a*s like Johnnie.

                              Coyote/John Castellenas

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
New poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The beauty in this journey is the stubborn love involved on both ends. It bled with emotion, you could hear the pleas on both ends and the bitterness as it concluded.

Small note, you have dropped an e on "here" in the first stanza.

Great write,
-Carrie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Carrie for reading and the help. I do appreciate.



Reviews

The beauty in this journey is the stubborn love involved on both ends. It bled with emotion, you could hear the pleas on both ends and the bitterness as it concluded.

Small note, you have dropped an e on "here" in the first stanza.

Great write,
-Carrie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Carrie for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Thanks for taking me to an emotional journey, very beautifully written

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Hardeep. I appreciate the comment.
Beaitifully penned and full of emotions. Very nice.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Zahra. I appreciate the comment.
You described so nicely.. The seasons, the days, your future days with her, the environment, the lonely surroundings all were awesome..
the poem is so mature and graceful..


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kousika. One of my wishes are hidden here. I should of stayed and rolled with the chances.
Kousika

9 Years Ago

:))) happened is also sweeter ..
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree my friend.
First, a greatly worded poem. You took the essence from two of the greatest songs of all time and did justice to them both. I haven't listened to them in years, but I can still hear them in my mind. They were impact songs in my life. They held the same memories for me for the one I left behind in my ordered movement around the world.
Thank you for the opportunity to be able to listened again to these songs, and toast a memory I hold dearly to this day.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Michael. I agree. The songs are amazing. Part of our past. Made me think about things I lo.. read more
Such a vast journey is this love.. this wanting.. wishing.. the hope to return to that place in the heart called "home." I just finished the book Love in the Time of Cholera... a lifetime spent waiting for love to find its fulfillment. You're bittersweet word remind me of that painful place so well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

No easy way for anyone. Most of us learn the hard way. You had everything and allowed it to escape. .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Such soulful, gracious, reflective writing, dear sir. Always touching, my visits here

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

Thank you Lynn. I appreciate the comment. You are very kind.
I feel stubbornness in both protagonists' hearts. Both love each other, it shows. But not enough to take a leap. One is an eternal vagabond who needs to change places often to find little pieces of him everywhere he goes and say goodbye to the pasts' traumas and hauntings. And the other is a grounded and fixed woman. She likes stability and everything to be the same, predictable. Unfortunately no matter how much sometimes two people love each other, they may not be a good fit even after years of trying.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. We tried three times. I learn too late. Even the wanderer need solid ground. Thank you Nadi.. read more
' She got marry and I got drunk in 40 countries. I tell the young Soldiers. Stay home and hold on to the sweet hearts waiting. Don't be a dumb-a*s like Johnnie. ' That excerpt above made me gasp, tis so utterly sad, so genuine - so very everything, John

The way you've set this writing, sending to Julie from this place or that over such a long period, made it so very personal. Felt as if I'd come across someone's box of treasured exchanges - and yet, i wanted to read on and on.. and did.

This is a new form for you.. and tis beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

emmajoy

9 Years Ago

Perhaps that made you the man you are.. who knows.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

It did. No-one learn the easy way.
emmajoy

9 Years Ago

How very true.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

652 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..