Dear Annabelle

Dear Annabelle

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                             
                              Dear Annabelle
Dear Annabelle. I have lived and died for love. I have learn to accept less and I became the street poet.

I found her waiting for me in Santa Cruz. She was smoking a cigar and had container of good beer. Sitting alone with a Hemingway's book and a kind smile by the Santa Cruz bay. You knew me and you called to me. "Dark Poet, sit with me and tell me a story. If you are lucky. I will tell you one of mine."

I went to her and I embraced her. I whispered. I missed you dear Annabelle. I was gone too long from the coastline and you. I never forgot you my lover. In the night in the Iraq desert. I dreamed of your beautiful face and your kiss.

Annabelle smiled and she kissed me. She told me. "Roaming Poet soldier, you love your wars and the touch of new soil upon your boots. You have forgotten me. Two letters in three months. I thought I was just a quick kiss and run. I was glads you called me my Johnnie"

We sat like old lovers near the Pacific ocean. I held her gently and caressed her perfect tan legs, kissed her neck and we waited for the Thursday Santa Cruz poetry reading.

Annabelle asked me. "Do you remember the fault lines. You and I, free-climbing, drinking and making love in hidden waterfalls.  Did I keep you alive and warm when the nights became too long."

I kissed her once, than kissed her twice and I whispered.  You saved my life once. You made feel alive and well when I was seeking the good death. Now I live and die to find you dear Annabelle. I want life, you and to hear your voice into the deep night. You are love, you are the rare sweetness in a life of dead-ends. You are my California dream.

Annabelle smiled and she whispered. I love you Johnnie and I want you to feel safe in my arms till the end.

                                    John Castellenas/Coyote









© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I did not ask for these feelings. I just woke up and am now on an emotional roller coaster (then maybe wc was not the greatest place to come immediately after I roll put of bed haha), but as always, I am coming to find out, this had real emotion in it that feels raw and powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Many talented writers on the W.C. Have writers from the four corners of our world. Emotions make us .. read more



Reviews

John, your romantic stories always leave me with a "heavy sigh".....they could be screenplays for movies...every one of them. The bar, the ocean, the lost love who waits for your embrace. So lovely. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia for reading and the comment. Life seem more fiction than non-fiction with distance f.. read more
I did not ask for these feelings. I just woke up and am now on an emotional roller coaster (then maybe wc was not the greatest place to come immediately after I roll put of bed haha), but as always, I am coming to find out, this had real emotion in it that feels raw and powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Many talented writers on the W.C. Have writers from the four corners of our world. Emotions make us .. read more
I was just recently back in Santa Cruz, so your poem and place resonated with me in such a sacred way. You voice these passages of endless beauty that take us over time on a bittersweet path.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Santa Cruz was wonderful and wild. I was station in Monterey from 1992-1994. I enjoyed the song of .. read more
Echoes of Eros

8 Years Ago

I would move to Monterey in a minute. So beautiful and peaceful. Thank you for taking me back there... read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
What an amazing little vignette!!!!! This is spoken with realistic dialogue & deep feeling. It stirs similar fleeting memories in my heart. Now I want to write a similar style of story. I love the way you revealed so much in so few words. That's the sign of a master.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are very kind. I would enjoy reading your tale. Life is generous to people who want love near.
barleygirl

8 Years Ago

I did post one of my little ditties . . . in a similar vein. I don't yet know how to request a read.
Barefoot love on sandy beaches, thinking we were all grown up. All the wisdom of our ages never will replace that magical innocent selfless self love. So able to give it away back then, so easily.
This is so poignant, so personal and that makes it unique.
I found myself wishing there was more and more, just to get lost in it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2016
Last Updated on February 6, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Make Me Come Make Me Come

A Chapter by Dr. YumnaKay