I saw a face

I saw a face

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A old poem with a re-write.

"


        I saw a face

I saw a face in the distance. A beautiful tempting face.
The face brought back a sweet memory.
Was once a sweet memory.

She walked toward me and she embraced me tightly.
She told me. "Johnnie, you are the same.  Your kind face is still gentle and kind."

We faced each other like two old boxers. We did not know if we friends or foes.
I held the hug the tightly and I told her. Jenny, you are more beautiful today than the yesterday of our youth.

She gave me a sad smile, remembering our the aura of our goodbye. Not a goodbye spoken.
Just allowed the highway and life to deprive us of any chance to know the torch of love. She asked me.
"Let's drink some coffee and talk. I never forgot your kindness. You accepted me and treated me with love and gentleness when I was rescinding to hell."

We found a coffee shop. Her long auburn hair still ran freely and your river blue eyes could steal my soul. She showed off your long tan legs and she spoke of school and child. I listens and I daydreamed of a perfect 18 year old beauty who brought wine coolers to my apartment and she stole my heart. Taught me what love could be and could not. Love-lorn men are foolish. They believed in the kiss and embrace once. I didn't anymore.

She looked sad and she told me. "I'm sorry I didn't allow you in. You were a wanderer. You were locked-up and tormented by work and sadness. I had just enough for me to see the daylight. You needed the sea, your wars and the journey. I would of been a heavy burden."

You asked me. "What are you thinking? The heavy silence is making me talk wild and too freely. " I told her. Somethings don't support to be. You wanted everything and I wanted peace and calm. I have loved you forever and I accepted the blame for our poor ending. It is good to see you dear Jenny.

I looked into her eyes. A soft tear fell. We arose up and I kissed her lips and face many times. I held the embrace. I whispered to her. I have hopes and prayed you found joy and happiness. Took me many years and I found some comfort and peace.

We separated and I watched her walk away. She was a dream that turned a nightmare.  She was my first love and my last love in my story and words. Old poet logic. Great love is never forgotten. Written by old Poets seeking places missed and you can't return.

                         John Castellenas/Coyote









© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a story. What an encounter. Both showed the love, caring and kindness. Both shared the meeting and the departure. Both had a past and a story to tell. I felt the sadness in some places and the joy in others. Excellent Coyote of poetry and the desert.....:))))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sami. I appreciate the comment.
Sami Khalil

7 Years Ago

You are welcome, sir....:))))



Reviews

Good story of caring and kindness,old memories come alive within the love you write about;-]

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Weeping willow. I appreciate the comment.
I think we al have this first love and last love that could not be. I am touched by your write:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I agree. Some lover will tattoo their memory upon our heart.
poets don't forget their loves...this reminded me of two different people...
being too young tore one relationship apart...but the other...well we still run into each other, still embrace...and she says to me..."i should have stayed married to you, but i was too angry back then, and didn't give you a chance"
regrets happen...but life works out for a reason....yet sometimes we wonder why there is such bad timing.


j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree my friend. Regret will stay with us. Us writers use regret to strengthen story and poetry in.. read more
Wow, that is beautiful piece of work. Guess we all have that one face we can't look away from.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right. Rarely do we give everything without fear. Thank you for reading and the comment .
well, old buddy, you sure put a heart tug into my day, as well as a string of memories...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Ed. Old memories can sneak-up on us.
Wow. A cool glass of something you are. To be remembered in this way. I wish. One tiny minor edit -- remembering the aura of our goodbye -- there is an our in there that doesn't fit. This is a truly outstanding romantic piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the help. I do appreciate.
Lyn Anderson

7 Years Ago

Your writing soothes me. And I wish, more than anything, for someone to think of me this way. Thus f.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Me either. But I try to keep love okay. Today, children at my feet. A new and better love.
No, a great love is never forgotten. Our first loves are the ones who still inspire poetry....whether fantasy or reality. You have written of Jenny many times before. I am sure she was very special to you. Beautifully written, John. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I have. The bad days seem less bad and the good days more wonderful. Thank you Lydia for reading and.. read more
What a story. What an encounter. Both showed the love, caring and kindness. Both shared the meeting and the departure. Both had a past and a story to tell. I felt the sadness in some places and the joy in others. Excellent Coyote of poetry and the desert.....:))))

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Sami. I appreciate the comment.
Sami Khalil

7 Years Ago

You are welcome, sir....:))))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2016
Last Updated on July 8, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..