Poetry-love, passion and meaning.

Poetry-love, passion and meaning.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                  

         Poetry-love, passion and meaning.
“I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet)I want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)”
E.E. Cummings

“One should always be drunk. That's all that matters...But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.”
Charles Baudelaire

Who are we? What is life meanings? Does one life matter in the stew of the billions? Where shall you go when death take away the light? What will we leave behind?


“Once, poets were magicians. Poets were strong, stronger than warriors or kings �" stronger than old hapless gods. And they will be strong once again.”
Greg Bear

Young Poet asked me yesterday. Why do I write? I show him my book of the greatest 100 poems. I told her. I carry this book for thirty years. I shared this poetry book with a hundred people. Each person read this small book. I believe every time we read a poem. We make the writer come alive again. My wish is to leave one poem. Worth enough to be in a book, to be read by many. Words, can be sad, beautiful and create joy, laughter and thoughts. Us writers must use the pen and paper to improve our world. Even if just with a entertaining tale.

Write, write and write some more. A silence life is a empty life.

                              John Castellenas/Coyote







© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Just words" but ones that fill us with hope and remind is what it's like to be a poet. This is very useful to come back to every time we forget why we write. "I believe every time we read a poem. We make the writer come alive again." This is my favourite part as I too believe in this concept. I think a part of why we write is because it's a must, but also to preserve; us others, our thoughts. Like a photograph of words.

This is a wonderfully inspiring post! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree Alice. I tell the artist. Their art is poetry for the eyes.



Reviews

A kind of inspiring poem by you sir. I have been reading your works since long but always there was a tale, mostly a sad tale which caught my emotions... But now, it's changed. Now you are much inspiring... Usually, I do not write inspiring poems because there are many other like you, who inspire me in such a way that I can't express through mine. That's great!!!
I liked to read about the book of 100 poems.. I too wish to have something of that sort. And I think my current poems are not that good to be worthy for a book. But I hope, as i will grow up, I will manage to make it.... Now, I am working with my new book of poems, already posted 4, more 11 to go...
Anyway, a very nice read, keep inspiring...
With regards,
Anindita : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We are always learning. The book I carried is called. "One hundred and one Famous poems". A wonderfu.. read more
Anindita Janhabee

7 Years Ago

most welcome...
" Words, can be sad, beautiful and create joy, laughter and thoughts. Us writers must use the pen and paper to improve our world. Even if just with a entertaining tale."
You have said it all so well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Shabeeh. I appreciate the comment. Need more readers and writers.Would be a better world.
Shabeeh Haider

7 Years Ago

Agree with what you have said
One poem, a life brought to life again. This is what we all seek, to know each other, what connects us, the mystery of each unique voice. Words that bring someone to life, and then inspire other words that bring someone to life, and again and again, the circle flows. I knew a man named Coyote because he gave me his life in his words. And he encouraged me to write, that my life might be known by my words. And I gave my words to my granddaughter, who wrote her own songs, and passed mine and hers on, to her daughter who told the story of a great-grandmother she never knew, but her words lived on . . . Along with the stories of everyone she knew, because they gave their words to her too. At some point, we are all joined, and we recognize the stories all collected, all the lives we have known, like beautiful melodies combined together in one song. Not just words, Coyote, your life, it lives on. Your beautiful words live on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Marianne. I appreciate the kind words. I have loved reading and writing for almost fifty y.. read more
Those who do not understand the grace and beauty of poetry miss so much. Thanks so much for this write:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I appreciate the comment. I agree. People who don't read. Miss things that are wond.. read more
The word honour came into my thoughts also when I read the above. It is an honour that reaches deep when we read such words. It is the same honour when we read you John.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are very kind my friend. I appreciate the kind words.
Honoured I am to be among the first to read and review this piece. Wonderful presentation. Truth. You will have that one poem, I think. More than that. A book. You need to find that publisher who will see what I see. A line up of romantics, wanting a taste ... Anyway, I dream. It is your journey, not mine. But I believe it could be. The synopsis -- a romantic journey.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I have loved writing and reading for almost 50 years. At eight years old. Jack .. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

777 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Notebook The Notebook

A Poem by redzone