It is too late, my friend?

It is too late, my friend?

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Accepting the world as is. We are to blame also.

"
                         


                      Is it too late my friend?

I have stood by good friends graves. Killed for the wages of war. So many white crosses of once strong men.
I say a quiet prayer for them and I salute the graves.
-
                           You were just men
Brother soldiers. I have not forgotten you. You fought for our world.
You fought for me and you fought for us. I pray you have found some kind of peace.
I hope and pray you found peace in death. War taught you death, blood and lonely death away from your home.
Many of us cry still for you. I bleed words of remembrance for follow soldiers who once laughs, cries and loved once.
I remember you my brothers.

-



Hard to make a hard hearten Poet cry.  I stood by good friend grave and I told him.
You are free now, Soldier.  Hard days and life treated you hard. I pray you found a better place. I miss you my friend.


----
He who tosses last stone, does he win? Today young writer asked for help for  people in the middle of a civil war. I told her. What can the USA do? Too many guns already killing the people in the way of the violence. So many homeless and hungry people with no place to go. How do these  men who love violence over peace. Sleep? I told her. We must send water, food and medicine.

The war is over for the dead. Dead men and women don't complain. Nameless graves in my world I have seen. I had prayed  for strangers in places where life had little value. We(Soldiers) digs mass graves and I learn. Children, women and old people pay for the hate of the men who love war, land and profit.

Today USA soldiers in 40 plus dangerous places. Peacekeepers, guards for the people without protection. USA is also the giver of guns, bullets and powerful weapons. I believe if the USA supplies the tools of wars. We are as guilty as the men murdering and killing without guilt.

I pray one day, to whisper this lullaby to my friend.

              
The war is over my friend . No-one won. Like a lullaby for the children. The soldiers wouldn't fight no-more. They put down their weapons and they went home. Mad dog leaders stood alone. Wealthy lands send water, food and medicine. New cities were built. People stood together and no more did people die for the greed of war and hate. All children were safe and kids could be kids. The new goals of man  was to defeat hunger and ensure every person had a safe place to sleep and did not know fear or know hunger. The dream of utopia was reached.

Is it too late? My friend. A silence voice, accepting war as a norm. Your silence will know payment of deadly world and our children dying for the cause of war. Do you want this?

                          John Castellenas/Coyote

© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So many great thoughts in this. Starts out sad and somber but I like the way you end. This is a very deep subject deserving much thought. The saddest part, of course, is all the white crosses. A very sobering write. It's obviously something you care deeply about.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I do Pete and thank you for reading. I served for 15 years. I was lucky in the nineties. I went on w.. read more
Pete

7 Years Ago

I served for 4 years and was terrified one time at the possibility of being activated. My life flas.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

We must remember.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
it is very touching one..you have portrayed it in such a different way that makes a pleasant read and something to stick in mind later..a very good subject that is picked up and you make it like a real visualization..wonderful!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

It is real. Real photos and friends lost to war. Life is scary my friend. Man killed man and destroy.. read more
mou

7 Years Ago

yes,life is very dangerous here that is needless to say how pathetic a situation could be there..but.. read more
John, this is a great tribute to a fallen friend, and so many others who didn't make it home. The words flow into the heart and leave behind their mark. Sadly, war will never end, It's not in us to be peaceful people. Good write friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I believe you are right Ted. Man seek war over peace. Thank you for reading and the comment.
The saddest thing about your words is that this is true. Our heroes deserve so much better than death to be free of the horrors they have faced. You have touched my heart with your words John.
Julie

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Julie. We dishonored the men and women who fought in the final war in 1945. I pray we reme.. read more
Let us never forget those heroes who died for us.....


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, very touching and deep. It is not easy to put in words how aweful it is for one to go to war and suffer in hopes of peace for others in the world. As the saying goes. Love is lying your own life down for that of another.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are right. Men and women who gave all. They did it for us and and our children.
Not just words John...chilling facts. It also grieves me that these returned soldiers have to wait so long to get to a vet hospital. Why? They fought for us, don't they deserve something besides death? Nice write but so sad. Kathie


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

The world is sad. Time for us to re-adjust our worldly goals. Chose peace over war. Thank you dear f.. read more
This line right here, "I had prayed for strangers in places where life had little value." This breathes of hope. Beautiful. Until we, as a people, start showing kindness towards those we now know as strangers, I believe we'll continue "killing strangers" to protect those we love (or something along those lines).

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

It seem war won't stop. I was a NBC NCO in the army. I fear a bio attack will stop war. I saw the ef.. read more
Nessly

7 Years Ago

I hope for peace too.
Today you are looking at the destruction of people while I look at the destruction of trees. There are some similarities in our sentiments *sigh!* These lines are kick-a*s intense & true: "The war is over for the dead. Dead men and women don't complain. Nameless graves in my world I have seen. I had prayed for strangers in places where life had little value." Always appreciate your reminders to take a hard look at what we're really doing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Most people don't want to know. I pray we learn. All life is important and we must love and protect .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
You speak such grave my friend.... that left us deep in thought, almost drowning on your overwhelming passion to what you've learned...

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I saw the graveyards of Europe. So many crosses. The last world wars support to lead to peace. The W.. read more
You speak what all have been contemplating for too long but afraid to speak out.. No one wants war yet we see it everywhere.. Tearing families apart.. This is an excellent piece regarding the current situation..

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I have been speaking out since I went to three friend funeral from my Army days. War leave no winner.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

Yes indeed! You are welcome ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


64 64

A Poem by Lydia Shutter


Cold fact Cold fact

A Poem by MOON