She Calls for Another Drink of You

She Calls for Another Drink of You

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

Still she finds you taste like the purest water.....................

"






























Does anything make you feel guilty?
Such as memories that drift in and out of your mind
or perhaps, the sinful taste of chocolate.
What about when you reach up to touch,
the marble steps where your pride once walked.  

She thought you knew her heart was breaking
still she would be waiting for you
with purple ink seeping from her pores.  
Did you know then
how such a narrow field of silence
would have her tripping
over her own bittersweet lines?

She watched you read those pages repeatedly
smiling like you received a medal of honor;
then lean forward with nothing to say at all.  
Did you ever consider
the rose-colored glasses she wore.  

She knows that you have never pretended
to be anything other than what you are
still she  finds you taste like the purest water.  
If you listen carefully,
you can hear her calling  out
for another drink of you.


In the meantime, you leaned forward
to stroke her hair
without ever turning on the light.  
While the world wished,
it could too.  

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

One might almost believe the man is actually Neva's muse, rather than an actual person--though, of course, a person could be a muse. Perhaps, it is the man's seeming perfection and unbelievable indifference that make me think he is Neva's personification of writing as unfulfilling lover, with its unrelentingly high expectations and unreachable ideals. Which, of course, are only projections of Neva's "unrealistic" standards; standards which she miraculously typically meets and exceeds.
Whatever Neva truly intended, this is another superior work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful! But that is exactly what I have come to expect from you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neva, you never fail me. Every time I read your writings, it is so impossible for me not to say "wow!" This is another amazing piece of you. Keep 'em coming! Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While the world wished it could too- that line is beautiful.
Your poetry calls for another drink- it is always heartfelt and beautiful.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know the sentiment of the woman in this poem. I've just gone through it. You nailed my experience without ever even knowing me well enough to channel my energy or to have a conversation with me. When a writer can do that, reach her audience by means of personal and intimate connection, she's on the right path. Excellent work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful. How she loves him, despite his flaws and how little he actually looks at her.

"What about when you reach up to touch,
the marble steps where your pride once walked. ."
Should this, and some other lines, end with a question mark? I thought they would, but perhaps I'm missing something.

"Did you ever consider the rose-coloured glasses she wore."
I love this line. It sums up what I take away from this poem, I think, rather nicely: he didn't look at her enough to even be able to say that she wore glasses.

Anyway, you have an amazing talent! I'll be reading more of your poems over the next few days. Thank you for reviewing mine, or I might never have discovered your work. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved the imagery and the photo that goes along with the poem. I also loved the feeling of peace in the words as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very beautiful poem. I like the question that open the poem up to the reader.
"Does anything make you feel guilty? "
In a life we ill have many guilty pleasures. I like the story and the description. You always take me to better place with your words. A outstanding poem and artwork.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow Neva I love this it is very unique ..devine x

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think I'm going to CRY. This hits too far close to home for me somehow. Someone, somewhere close to me, this whole theme has played on. I love the mention of 'purple' ink seeping from her pores. The colour 'Purple' is the spiritual symbol for 'bad feelings.' A man who is very hard to know, such as one who fails to show their feelings ... how very close to my spiritual home! A truly magical, bittersweet, emotionally gripping poem. This is absolutely wonderful. Oops - there goes a tear ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

http://poeticvoice.ning.com/

We are an online writing community that provides writers with the feedback, motivation, and advice needed to achieve their writing goals.The Poetic Voice Community is fast and easy to join, and you will not get lost in it's easy maneuvering features. We here at Poetic Voice also hope to grow as a community of friends. Our intention, and wish is to learn and share with others. Basically we believe an open mind, and heart can promote growth. We hope to gain an understanding that can stretch and reach around the world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3277 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin


Alice blue Alice blue

A Poem by Robin


Celeste Celeste

A Poem by Robin