A Flute Doth Chime

A Flute Doth Chime

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer
"

a dance

"

Andrew Fitzgerald softly plays to breaking waves as I upward gaze. I then dress my lines as I a line with the star from the north.

Arms framed tight, and heels with no seem, as palms do lift to the West and the East. A single breath is exhaled as my mind finds peace.

The motion most learned I repeat once again as hands come due North I reach for the sky and when I’m convincing you’ll think I can fly.

There are no lights to be seen except those from space and with each step the music sets the pace. 

Left, left, right, as waves to ride and a single note ends the soloists spot light, a flute doth chime and a Cello is scarcely heard. 

The piano finds rest and the harp takes lead and an again I begin my very simple piece.  I end at the window  and perch from the floor and gaze up at Little Bear found in the north, set true to the sky since the beginning of time.

 I listen to the music with a tear of joy and gaze at the wonder that is up above, and long for the answers that star gazing stirs up.

© 2012 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A splendid read and write...Thank you for penning...:)...............

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You certainly dance to your own beat... And what a lovely rhytm it is... A truly sublime piece of writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

as a novice in th fields of orchestras and classically trained musiciains, I felt that this was very cleverly written, informative and enjoyable to read, nice work.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

11 Years Ago

I love classical music and dance and wanted a way to mingle the two in a simple sitting.
Oh how I love your verse!~ it's changed of late, less about nature and more I'm not sure...humanistic somehow.

I like how I can't find a center in it, it's as if it's a bit about everything.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

11 Years Ago

well I'm not done playing with this one yet but almost, :) and thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2012
Last Updated on September 11, 2012
Tags: poem-night sky_stars_music_dance

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing