Let's Write

Let's Write

A Story by Cherrie Palmer
"

just thinking on paper

"
I read one time that writers hide from the world. I am sure that in some cases that is true but for the most part I think we are so caught up in the moment we are compelled to capture it for all times.  The greatest thing about this moment is our mood flavors our pen, or possibly the desire to dust off a feeling tucked away deep in our closet of experience.
  
Never be afraid to write about the same thing more than once, Just like a painter our mood and perspective can transform one single event with endless possibilities.  I say write small and go big.  How many memories do you have ( and treasure) that you could fit in a thimble? Take your skills and vision and allow the reader to swim in that moment. Grand epics are wonderful to lose time with, but I find it is the tiny gem that clings to our mind.

I love to write, and it's great to be read that's why I'm here. However, if no one ever discovered these my words, I would still need to create.  I'm sure you are the same. So dust off that keyboard and create.

© 2018 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Me too my friend.
"I love to write, and it's great to be read that's why I'm here. However, if no one ever discovered these my words, I would still need to create. I'm sure you are the same. So dust off that keyboard and create."
I believe, just allow the words to flow, write down and hope for a good ending. I liked the above lines. I need to write. Keeps my sanity. Thank you dear Cherrie for sharing your wonderful words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Cherrie.



Reviews

Me too my friend.
"I love to write, and it's great to be read that's why I'm here. However, if no one ever discovered these my words, I would still need to create. I'm sure you are the same. So dust off that keyboard and create."
I believe, just allow the words to flow, write down and hope for a good ending. I liked the above lines. I need to write. Keeps my sanity. Thank you dear Cherrie for sharing your wonderful words and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are welcome Cherrie.
I love your way of looking at writing & inspiring writers who are sometimes wondering which way to go? I love all your suggestions & the only thing that might strengthen your lessons would be if you provided an example here & there -- show instead of tell -- becuz you are the best at providing good examples of how to craft a simple memorable scene. The best advice is to write up a story more than once. Some of my best true stories change as the years go by & I evolve in my understanding of life! (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Well I wouldn't call this a lesson. :) but I so agree with you and our perspective. Alan Jackson wan.. read more
I find much encouragement in your words Cherrie. This is a gem that will surely stick to my mind.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

:) thank you
How absolutely bloomin write you are.. a splendid observation, experience and message to us all.. thinking on paper, is so darn good, let's all keep on doing it..... N :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Great advice Cherrie.
To often though, folk try to hard to please their hoped for audience instead of writing for themselves. Gotta be a wee bit selfish :)



Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2018
Last Updated on December 15, 2018

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Oakland, AR



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. I live near the White River, and love trout fishing. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: Obsession Starts.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..