I think she likes you...

I think she likes you...

A Poem by Clyde du Coeur
"

Just an observation. Bit different for Valentine's Day but I'm cynical.

"

I think she likes you

By the way she won't leave you alone,
And if I did, you would call me a moan.

I think she likes you

The way she flirts with you non-stop,
The way she doesn't want the conversation to drop.

I think she likes you

By the way her scribble is all over your wall,
And how I nearly write something, but stall.

I think she likes you

The way she confides in you about dumping her boyfriend,
Tricking you into wanting her more than a friend.

I think she likes you

By the way she exclaims how fattily her slender body danced the waltz,
And how she expects you to interject saying it's false.

I think she likes you

So you couldn't handle the sauce in some of our distant conversation,
Yet you give out chances to her like confetti for a plantation.

I think she likes you

We've made our feelings for each other perfectly clear,
But it feels like you've gone off talking to me for a glance of her chemise so sheer.

I think she likes you

The way she's more accessible,
Although to you, I am civil.

 

 

I think you may like her.

© 2014 Clyde du Coeur


Author's Note

Clyde du Coeur
The title line in red is like an ongoing remark that will not change, no matter what I say.
I am aware sometimes the rhyme is poor but I was so desperate to get this up, so forgive me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can really relate to this great job! :) I liked every single line but especially the ending ones.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice repetition and color the lines "i think she likes you" nice job!

-Will

-check out my work sometime if you would like.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh gosh this was funny... even through your cynical nature you injected fun into it... there are people that play games to get attention and seem to while those of us who are sincere get over looked... very nicely written and expressed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I didn't even notice rhyme...I was captured by the piece itself. Nicely written! I think you said it perfectly.

PS: Nothing has to rhyme, ever.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really love the repetition of 'I think she likes you', gives it almost a sinister, high-schoolish, wicked charm. then the ending line, with the 'I think you may like her', perfect. i think we all can relate to this. this is a creative, and emotional write. great job on this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this

Posted 15 Years Ago


I, too, am cynical. But there is a certain pleasure in paying an inflated price for a rose or twelve that have been flown in from Kenya at some cost to the environment and grown by people who get paid very poorly.
But still, romance is romance and we live for it... Imagine if there were no romance. Then where wld we be? I enjoyed this Ali...being the old romantic that I am. My fave line without doubt it 'The way her scribble is all over your wall' Let me read it, let me read it! My only other comment is that 'like' is not a word I love *bows*

Posted 15 Years Ago


He may like her because she represents reality; on the other hand, the relationship between he and the narrator is fantasy because touch/sight are not involved. Sorry Ali, but I really do believe that long distance relationships fade unless the two involved get together as in matters of the heart, hugging, kissing, etc. are of prime importance. This is my perspective. (I'm not referring to friendship.)

I found the piece very creative and you couldn't have written a better conclusion. You have me thinking, my friend. Thank you :-)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Blessings,
Apollonia

ps. great-looking photo....perfect for the poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 14, 2009
Last Updated on November 17, 2014

Author

Clyde du Coeur
Clyde du Coeur

United Kingdom



About
I love writing poetry, songs and stories. I like living life because events invite me to review them in a poetic way. I've always loved creative subjects like music, creative writing, photography, dra.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..