Forgive Me

Forgive Me

A Poem by Clyde du Coeur
"

Originally penned on 6th Feb 2008. Amazing what one man can do.

"

Forgive me for liking you.
Forgive me for thinking you were different.


I have relatives who look down on me when I do things out-the-ordinary,
yet they act like they care when times get tough.
 

That makes me feel like an idiot:
if I can't be respected for believing what I want,
then how the heck can I trust them with my feelings and emotions?

The vinegar soaked chips in the greaseproof paper of the man opposite me on the tube
Stung my eyes.
I wanted to cry.

If you were sensitive you'd write to me saying why you can't be with me.

Sometimes men can be so insensitive that they make you cry without intention. 


All I can taste is cigarettes and saliva. It's disgusting.
I feel like sleeping with several men. That's disgusting too.


Amazing what one man can do.

© 2014 Clyde du Coeur


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Clyde du Coeur
Disjointed but what can I say - read the bottom line.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

mmm, ok so i feel your emotions in this piece, which has to be a good thing in my book. Moved me....loved the line "i feel like sleeping with several men. That's disgusting too."
Normally i like to offer advice on improvements, but this seems not to warrant that...:)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

mmm, ok so i feel your emotions in this piece, which has to be a good thing in my book. Moved me....loved the line "i feel like sleeping with several men. That's disgusting too."
Normally i like to offer advice on improvements, but this seems not to warrant that...:)


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Raw, and honest - I like it very much. Power is a force, no matter who wields it, and good or bad, we all have some of it within us...so make sure you use your power for good! ;)

Great write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very unique!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are correct on what one person can do to you, amazing the power one can hold over our emotions... I like the raw approach here... straight forward with your feelings... the best kinda poetry.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was nice though very sad ..but this is how we become,I really do understand
Forgive me if I liked you,forgive I thought you different..
Makes me feel like an idiot,if I am not respected for believing what I want
How i am supposed to trust my feelings or emotions,some men so insensitive
Makes me cry,as I taste the cigarettes,so disgusting
Or feel like sleeping with several..its so disgusting
Oh that was a very strong write,I know how some behaves,it must have hit you hard
To say all those bitter things..
sad ,bitter but really well done ..I really loved this

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I sense a air of innocece on the cusp of experience as life goes about its bruising education, sewing its usual disillusionment and despair. A sad moment. That last half of the poem particularly caught my eye as it is so evocative. The crisps engage susual memories in the mind. It's horrible when people eat on the tube. And the use of the moment acts as a trigger to the reader's sympathy. We understand how little things can set us off for all kinds of reasons at all stages of life. The line 'Sometimes men can...etc' is innocent but also glaringly true. It's interjection between the sensuory triggers -- the crisps, the f**s and the saliva -- seems to contrast with other sensual matters which are both alluring and the cause of much misery. It's not nice to feel bad, but you nail the moment down wonderfully in those last eight lines especially.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


ah i could just hug you....i know men can be curel to us! so you open that heart and let yur poems pour out! I loved your poem, though sad...it was brilliantly written.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2009
Last Updated on November 17, 2014
Previous Versions

Author

Clyde du Coeur
Clyde du Coeur

United Kingdom



About
I love writing poetry, songs and stories. I like living life because events invite me to review them in a poetic way. I've always loved creative subjects like music, creative writing, photography, dra.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..