Burned

Burned

A Story by CompellingComposer
"

I hope you enjoy this. It's one of my favorites. :)

"
    The scorches that covered her body ached. Her mind tried to reject the pain, but failed in it’s pitiful attempt. She lay motionless, recalling the fire, the bright and brilliant flame, that had caused her this suffering. It’s gorgeous colors, a triumphant red, a bold orange, a strong yellow, all together to form a light almost like the one that glows from an angel. It had burned her, that had scarred her body, and had an evil glow that she had never known. And yet, she missed it.

    The blaze had once been her companion, her only light in a dark abyss. She followed it, confident that it would lead her out of her torment. She reached the flame, and was overjoyed. It kept her warm and made her soul brighter, instead of the dull match it had once been. For once, she felt safe and secure, the world around her not as frightening as it had been. She trusted the fire. A little too much.

    She confided in it’s glow, and it caressed in her love. Not only did it help her, but she felt she kept the flame safe, too. To be it’s friend. But, as time passed, the flame started to die. Slowly, the radiant shine it had once provided started to fade, but she didn’t notice. Once she did, she worried, and blew the candle carefully, hoping it would spark the blaze once more.

    The fire scorched her hair, charred her clothing, and burnt her skin. The light only watched as she burned, doing nothing to help. And once she was completely on fire, and wishing for escape to the grave, the candle, her only friend, went out.

    And now, she was no longer physically alone, but she felt it inside her. She knew now that she had depended on that flame to keep her flame light. She thought all her warmth and light depended on the fire she loved. Words suddenly flowed into her thoughts, as if words of old she had heard many years ago.

    “ Love is just friendship set on fire.”

                                THE END.

© 2010 CompellingComposer


Author's Note

CompellingComposer
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love that "...love is just friendship set on fire" Very good write :))

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on November 18, 2010
Last Updated on November 18, 2010

Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing