New Years resolutions require God's help to succeed

New Years resolutions require God's help to succeed

A Story by Cool-Universe
"

To truly change character we need the help of God

"
Making changes for the New year will mean exerting effort and depending on God's power.

1 Timothy 4:7
7   But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness;

8   for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

We must also exert those efforts in a balanced way. The proper balance is to come to God in utter dependence asking for His power and at the same time we need to make diligent effort to change with the power that He gives us.

Please note that in order for you to have this power to change you must first accept Jesus Christ into your heart as  Savior  and Lord. You need to accept Jesus as Savior so that your sins may be forgiven. You also need to accept Jesus in as your Lord. Inviting Jesus in as Lord means that with His help you will turn away from sinful ways and will learn to walk in obedience to God's ways. If you want to receive him right now and make Heaven your home then pray this simple prayer. " God I know that I am a sinner. And I know I can't enter Heaven unless my sins are forgiven by your son Jesus. Jesus I ask you into my heart as Savior and Lord. Forgive me all my sins and help me to turn away from sin and obey what your Bible teaches."

If you just prayed that prayer please contact me I would love to hear the good news.

Scripture quotations taken from the "NASB" ( www.lockman.org )

© 2011 Cool-Universe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
Added on January 1, 2011
Last Updated on January 11, 2011
Tags: God, Jesus, Heaven, addictions, addiction, self control, hopeless, hopelessness, weak, power, powerless