The Three: Love

The Three: Love

A Story by Scott W. Martin
"

The third part to a series of fables type stories I've been writing.

"

One day there were three men walking along a path. Their names were Wisdom, Instinct and Intelligence. As they were walking they encountered a beautiful woman named Love. For a time they discussed their travels and found that they were bound for different locations. Love told them that in one week she would return to her home town of Agape for a short time. The three men agreed to meet her there and then took to the road again.


One week later the three arrived at Agape. They arrived at her house and did not find her there. They visited the market and she could not be seen. In the town square they heard she had come back early and left again not returning for weeks more. “Why would she come early after telling us to be here?” Intelligence questioned. Wisdom proclaimed “Love is unpredictable but honest. Although we know not what the reason might be, there was reason behind it.” Instinct lowered his head and shrugged, then turned and began to walk away. With places to go and things to do, the three once again took to the road.

© 2012 Scott W. Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the message here. Very creatively done! It would be awesome if you decided to expand on it a bit... it left me wanting more. Nice work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is interesting i realy liked reading it
love is unpredictabel

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

404 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: Poetry, wisdom, instinct, intelligence, three, fable, love, fiction, Short Story

Author

Scott W. Martin
Scott W. Martin

Charlotte, NC



About
Introduction Most of the time I get to writing my biography and I think "Who cares?" In a moment of self realization Ive begun to understand what gives me this impression. I used to feel th.. more..

Writing