Too Real To Be Real

Too Real To Be Real

A Story by DarkRainbowPie
"

I wrote this about a peculiar dream I had last night. I told the boy, who seemed to be the one in the dream, about it and he recommended I turn it into a story, so, here it is!

"

There we were, lying there, in the long grass of some vivid green meadow. The day was dull, no sun could be seen through the heavy, white clouds, but it was not dark. The air was still, neither cold nor warm, but, still. We lay there, side by side, my hand being held within his, our fingers linked, in silence. It wasn't awkward though, or strange, or unnerving, we were content with the mere sounds of each other's gentle breathing. Then the rain fell.

   It was pouring down, the heavy white clouds dropping their load that we never knew existed until we felt the cold drops land on our still faces. We didn't stir. There we were, being soaked through by this sudden torrential rain... and we didn't move. The rain kept falling, and eventually our bodies showed signs of life, but instead of standing up and running to shelter, we turned towards each other speedily and wrapped our arms around one another, locking our icy blue lips together, moving our tongues in sync. Time seemed non-existent as we lay there, in each other's arms, using our mouths to exchange feelings of love, but not with words.

   The rain let up, and we both stood up slowly, linking hands yet again, and walked away. Still no words were exchanged. Neither of us really knew where we were going, but it didn't matter. Not one bit. We kept walking, eventually exchanging the soft terrain of the meadow for the hard, black tarmac of a road. A road with an ending we did not know of. We eventually reached it though, and when we did, we did not seem surprised by our destination. School. Students were walking in the opposite direction, as we headed to the doors of a secondary entrance. We waited there, in a comfortable silence, as the others walked away.

   Then I had to leave, my eyes seemed to recognise the faces of two people in the front seats of a car parked close to the doors we stood inside. I left him, walking towards the car with the familiar faces, but I never stopped looking back, and he never stopped returning my stare. We made peculiar, humourous faces, laughing at one another, smiling. We were happy. We knew we'd see each other again soon. When I got to the car, I opened my door, and sat in. I still held his glance through the window, and waved, excited for when I'd get to stand next to him again, even though I was unaware of when that would be.

   Things changed. I was now suddenly walking towards the school yet again. It seemed to be morning time. Birds flew over head in silence, as I, and a hundred others, headed towards the entrances. I was then in a hall, surrounded by faces I felt I'd seen before, but never paid much attention to. I was looking, searching, for that one face, the face I loved, the face I longed to see again. and then I found it. Happiness seeped through my veins as I began to walk towards him. Less than a metre away, he looked at me, and scowled. Then he walked away, and I lost that face to the crowd of students flooding through the hall. All happiness left my body. I now felt sadness, fear, anger, an unusual mixture of emotions surged through me. And then tears began to develop in my longing eyes.

   The school day came to an end all of a sudden, and I walked out the doors of the entrance I had waited with him in before. I was so very confused. I kept walking, but all I was focusing on was his absence. Then it hit me... well, he did. Sort of. I looked up at the person I had just bumped into. Him. I opened my mouth to apologise, but then my anger flowed out. I yelled at him. I asked him why he had to ignore me all of a sudden, I let him know how confused I was, how unsure I was, of everything. Then my ranting was brought to an abrupt end. He broke down, he was crying. My raised voice drowned out by his sobs. Neither of us seemed to know why, but we knew it wasn't my yelling that caused it...it just...happened. Almost by instinct, my arms opened out, and wrapped around his torso. He let himself fall into them, his head now resting on my shoulder. Apologies left his parted lips, in their thousands, and again, neither of us seemed to really know why. His sadness seemed to leave with them though, it just...vanished...disappeared, into the wide open air. Love took it's place. We were back to where we were in the beginning. Back to the meadow. And then it started to rain.

   My phone vibrated loudly on my bedside table in the silence of my bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes. It was dark. My curtains held morning's light at bay. I reached out sleepily for the phone. Him. I smiled.

© 2013 DarkRainbowPie


Author's Note

DarkRainbowPie
All feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was very moving! I love this sort of thing. I have had an actual scenario like that in my life, many years ago... Aside from my personal experience, I like the way in the beginnign how it truly describes true, absolutely overwhelming love. I have felt that way only once... She however didn't feel quite the same at the end of it all. So she just... well, she just left. Anyways, its an amazing story! You deserve to be published!
And every 100 point review rating you receive is deserved! Au Revoir Mon Ami!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

Thank ya lass. ;)
DarkRainbowPie

10 Years Ago

Haha, not a problem x'D
Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

So what have you been up to Lass?



Reviews

This was truly beautiful, the love felt by both parties in this story is immense and the imagery used is just wonderful. How you describe the moment they must leave eachother, is heartbreaking and all hope is ruined with the scowl.
This is a very vivid, fluid poem, and just flows off the lips while being read. Well done Mayo, really.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

11 Years Ago

Thank you Cathal, that means a lot. Nice to know that's the impression this story gives to a reader.
That was very moving! I love this sort of thing. I have had an actual scenario like that in my life, many years ago... Aside from my personal experience, I like the way in the beginnign how it truly describes true, absolutely overwhelming love. I have felt that way only once... She however didn't feel quite the same at the end of it all. So she just... well, she just left. Anyways, its an amazing story! You deserve to be published!
And every 100 point review rating you receive is deserved! Au Revoir Mon Ami!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

Thank ya lass. ;)
DarkRainbowPie

10 Years Ago

Haha, not a problem x'D
Philosophers' Dreaming

10 Years Ago

So what have you been up to Lass?
The title suits this write beautifully. The amount of emotion grips hold of the reader. Loved it

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

DarkRainbowPie

11 Years Ago

Thank you Ashleigh c':

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

513 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 15, 2013
Tags: Dreams, Love, Strange, Peculiar, Unusual, Silence

Author

DarkRainbowPie
DarkRainbowPie

Dublin, Ireland



About
Hey there, guys. My name's Annie, I'm 18, from Ireland. All there is to really know about me is that I am a MASSIVE nerd (...would like to wager that I actually do live and breathe science at .. more..

Writing