What Would Jesus Do?

What Would Jesus Do?

A Poem by Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.

 

 

 

 

 

What Would Jesus Do?

 

 

 

 

 

When this has been authored, but nevermore said,

We live but we apprehend we're before long be dead.

Jesters are round about us. From John’s own head,

Death itself was compounded in black, white, and red.

 

When In the distance is gossip of that for man’s slaughter.

Which once seen as of wine, now looks of which cold water. 

                              Just as the planet is practically Trial, and not a mortal will bother.

Do they pray of you to apprehend with those words from the father.

 

What if you apprehend this bell, does an Angel receive his wings.

When I ask you to look around, Can you understand these means?

Just for this the kingdom is crooked, on its axes it has took its leans.

Down ice now deliquesces into the land, all was frosted now greens.

 

While Gods own words do say, "Forever more some day you will pay."

When record declaims of these lesbians and some of these who are gay.

Just believe for that point you agree that these commands are very nay.

Does everyone believe in this, if so is all of this really the lords’ way?

 

When the lord plainly states that he loves all, he does not show that he would cast.

Why he says he desires us all to be with him in paradise, when we would not last.

Just I ask you this, why do you think is he not in our foresight but just in our past?

Do not be at high gait, for which the Earth will soon listen and start to turn very fast.

 

What do you understand from the bible, which lay unrestricted in your hand?

Would you indeed know to whom this Bible foretells toward, This lonely man?

Jesus voiced one day that he will show to all, the blood from this Earth’s clan.

Do you understand this as revealing, for I pray for you this is in my best demand.

 

Why, the answer may surprise you. But the Bible is not completely true,

When you read this you might not grasp, for which this Bible no one knew.

Just as you might trust what you thought, "the Earth is green and the sky blue."

Do not forget of these words of mine for someday I know you will believe of them too.

 

 

© 2008 Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yes, the bible is confusing! i find myself pouring over it, but not understanding a single word! i do think the bible is true, and people are wondering, "i wonder what he thinks about today and what people say about him" and i think he tries, but the devil is very strong. He can handle everyones hate for him, but he never stops trying to change hearts. if someone doesn't want to believe in god, chances are that they will go to their grave, not believing in god. i do question some of the things in the bible, but i'm sure it will all make sense if i make it up to heaven. that, or eventually things DO make sense as time goes by and the more i think about it. And yes, the world is getting worse, but this might even be close to when Jesus will come and leave behind those who haven't accepted him. we never know when so that's why we have to live every day like it was the day Jesus was going to come. but seriously, think about it! the world is slowly dying from pollution and people are just getting worse. i won't lie though. if god came today, i would probably be left behind..... living the right way is hard, and i haven't gotten it yet! anyways, great right! i hope the answers come to you soon!

~may

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with everything "May" said below, except for the part of being left behind if god came back today. I would go to heaven for sure, not because I'm a good person or because I e done enough good deeds, but because Jesus Himself said that "for it is by grace" that we are saved "through faith". As long as you put your faith in God, you will go to heaven. :) see you there May!

(And like she said below, fantastic write!)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Be it true by our estimations is irrelevant...humanity needs some growing to comprehend what this we espy..and contemplate.be it opportune or Nea..

Posted 12 Years Ago


Perhaps if you got a better edition of the Bible with all the helps in back of it . It would not be so confusing. The Bible is the blue print to the Christian Life. Jesus is the way to that Christian life. Lucie

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really an amazing write.
There's not much left to say about it then what people
have already said. But i relaly liked this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Faith. It's unseen, but it's there; even in it's confusion, there is great truth.
And all we are asked is to Believe.

A write worth pondering.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thomas Jefferson was of this opinion: "The Christian god is a being of terrific character - cruel, vindictive, capricious and unjust." It is unfair to attack such an easy target. The God idea should not stand or fall with its most unlovely instantiation, Yahweh, nor his insipidly opposite Christian face, 'Gentle Jesus meek and mild'. Could anything be more mawkishly nauseating than miss C. F. Alexander's 'Christian children all must be / Mild, obedient, good as he'?) I am not attacking the particular qualities of Yahweh, or Jesus, or Allah, or any other specific god such as Baal, Zeus or Wotan. Instead I shall define the god hypothesis more defensibly: there exists a central superhuman, supernatural intelligence who deliberately designed and created the universe and everything in it, including us and this intelligence is part of us. Nice poem, good rhyming. Nobody knows what is the truth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How could the Bible be "True." Can man understand the language of God as he wrote down his thoughts about God? Does God even worry about our reproductive oe sexual preferences? As I look up at Tom Vanzant's "The Earth - From Space" hanging on my wall there certainly is some green and lots of blue. But there is more brown in the deserts and white on the poles than there is green.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1018 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 3, 2008
Last Updated on December 16, 2008
Previous Versions

Author

Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.
Rev. Fr, S. D. Blankenship DDiv., PhD., MA.

Greenville, WV



About
[WARNING!] The syntax found in this manuscript of S. D. Blankenship's poetry could retain to disordered and/or psychopathic. Comprehend and examine at your own exposed thoughts. A number of words mig.. more..

Writing