Falling

Falling

A Story by Daydreaming

The sun dances through the sky with the clouds. Taking turns looking towards the planet.
As I lay in a field of wheat, hands tucked behind my head. Legs crossed over one another, a pluck of the grass swirls about held by my lips. I couldn't ever imagine that something could mess with such a beautiful day.

The sounds of the wind barely breezing past the tip top of the tall wheat grass, making them sway together looking like waves pushing their way in towards the coast. However, they never seem to hit the end. I move to stand, using the palm of my hands to push my back from the ground.

A sinking feelings hits my chest, right as I begin to push on the dirt to stand. The earth collapses beneath my feet, as I begin to fall into the dark pit, I never made a sound. I couldn't scream, as the surprise took my breath away. I couldn't react, as the fall made my mind turn blank. I'm not sure how far I'll fall, I do know that I haven't stopped.

I've attempted to stop, I've even tried to scream. But no matter how hard I struggle to produce a noise. The chords of my vocals seems to produce a blank page. I strained them so hard while falling that the veins on my forehead began to show. No matter where I reach, there is nothing to grab. I've only swiped and grabbed at nothingness.

After what seemed like an eternity, a light shines towards what I assume to be below my feet. I've tossed around and turned so much during the fall so much that I no longer know my directions. For all I know right now, I could be falling up.

Closer and closer the light got, more and more excited I became. Which was strange because in the back of my thoughts I knew that this could only end badly if I was falling, surely I would die from this height.

Right as my body passed through that light, I felt something. For the first time in... I don't know how long I felt something! It hurt, but... However, I'm not dead?

As I opened my eyes halfway, in fear to see that I've actually fell someplace terrible, I realize... that it was only a dream.

And I have simply fallen out of bed.


- The struggles of a sleepy boy -



© 2015 Daydreaming


Author's Note

Daydreaming
Did you see where I was going with this? Or did you think I would wind up in some world that We've never seen before? Because that was an option as well :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting in deed. I've written a sequence like this before. I have some critiques and some praise, but so that the praise may be sweeter, I shall begin with the critiques: You need to work on your grammar and separation of clauses. You lack commas where there need to be periods. Ensure that your transitions are smooth and keep in line with your previous thought. Alright, now for the praise: It is truly fascinating to see how something glorious and pleasurable can become so terrifying in an instant. Yet, when all seems lost, a light appears in the distant. The journey may be rough, but nothing in the world could compare to the beautiful salvation you reach at the end. This is the imagery I saw here.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like the flow of the description, the disillusion part was cool.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015

Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing