Coffee

Coffee

A Story by Daydreaming

With the sound of coffee brewing, the sunlight lazes around the tabletop as the bell for the next order is rung.
Frantically trying to push the chair back to rush to her coffee order in such a clumsy manner, she goes. Her sweater barely grabs hold of the side of my chair.

I wish that she would hold onto me they way her sweater holds on to this chair. Its grip is firm, it doesn't faultier as she attempts to take that step away. I wish for our connection to be this strong, and one day stronger.

Pulling her back, she stumbles and knocks into my table. My coffee, slowly poured onto the floor. Similar to my feelings I wish to give to you, allow me to throw them onto the table. But I always hesitate, will you also let them run over the edge and into the abyss? Never to be consumed, never to be loved. Oh.. the similarities we share.

Frantically and worried you apologize. I smile with all I have making sure to ensure you that its alright. You offer to buy me another drink. I laugh and tell you not to worry, and instead I offer to buy yours.

My hands were trembling at this time, did you notice? With my heart racing and my words stuttering out. I attempt to utter words for a conversation.

A name yelled across the cafe, "Are you alright, my apologies I'll get you another one."

Another named, followed by the introduction of the term "boyfriend."

Those words set together in that sentence truly echoed through my ears. My only option, "Thanks."

I'm not sure I can find another place to watch the sun set onto the table so lightly as a women of your magnitude sets reading. The way you look at your books, you can almost see the pictures playing in your eyes that your mind wants to display. I wonder, one day. Do you think I could be one of the people that you picture in your eyes.


© 2016 Daydreaming


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

it was the title that attracted me to this story...i'm a coffee fanatic..couldn't survive without it!! anyway..enough of my love of coffee..your story! i enjoyed it..shame for him that she has a boyfriend,,typical female that i'am, i wanted her to fall into his lap and love forever haha but your story, true to life, come with reality...the boyfriend! lovely story, well told would have read more had there been more as it drew me in. well done :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Hey thanks for reading! I haven't really revised this and plan to continue to push on with it. I jus.. read more
hcarson

8 Years Ago

oh good..more to come..i will be keeping an eye, let me no when theres moree....she should definitel.. read more
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Couldn't have said it better myself



Reviews

sounds great please read mine


Posted 7 Years Ago


This is sweet and a little sad, but maybe the story is not over yet?
Can I ask about the switch form Third person to second person after the coffee gets spilled?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ooh the pain of wanting to be noticed by another...I can relate to that with crushes and otherwise....this story really captures the yearning.... I wish she'd notice him though it makes better sense for them to be together. Full ratings for me

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

But.. She wasn't with him. And as far as I can see, she probably wont be :3 You never know!
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

true true.. well maybe Mr coffee man will end up with an unexpected women of his own haha i think th.. read more
it was the title that attracted me to this story...i'm a coffee fanatic..couldn't survive without it!! anyway..enough of my love of coffee..your story! i enjoyed it..shame for him that she has a boyfriend,,typical female that i'am, i wanted her to fall into his lap and love forever haha but your story, true to life, come with reality...the boyfriend! lovely story, well told would have read more had there been more as it drew me in. well done :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daydreaming

8 Years Ago

Hey thanks for reading! I haven't really revised this and plan to continue to push on with it. I jus.. read more
hcarson

8 Years Ago

oh good..more to come..i will be keeping an eye, let me no when theres moree....she should definitel.. read more
Sangeetha

8 Years Ago

Couldn't have said it better myself

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016

Author

Daydreaming
Daydreaming

New York City, NY



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..