Spring

Spring

A Story by Decidious wind
"

A short story I've written in which I've illustrated spring as a female who is deeply loved by the narrator of this story. she doesnt visit him for a long time because of global warming.

"
Spring is my annual guest. She drops by once a year, and she showers me with unique presents that no other can give me. You might be thinking of the cliches: love, happiness, friendship… and the list goes on because life, it’s full of cliches. No, in reality, those so called “gifts” could be achieved by developing emotional connections to anyone. It could be that lonely girl whom you’ve never imagined yourself talking to. Or your classmate who you assume to be a “prude”.

But not spring.Spring… gave me life. She restored my youth whenever I lay my eyes on her.I know that I’m naive, because she only visits for a few months and then comes the sorrow goodbyes. Yet, there is still happiness in our goodbyes. I carry the hope she gives me throughout the course of the whole year, until she decides to drop by again. My home is her sanctuary. She is welcome anytime. Once she drops by again, my hope is renewed. Hope is a flower that blooms and withers like any other flower, and by the passage of spring I am confident that my flower will bloom once more.
She is monumental. Children laughed and played with her. Her colorful aura even attracted the adults to join her games. The gardens spoke to her, for she understood the language of nature. I could swear, that I’ve seen flowers bloom in her presence, and trees grew a bit taller whenever she smiled to them, birds and fireflies danced to the melody of her tune. Walking by her side, I thought I was in a princess storybook. You know the ones, where the princess would dance and sing with the creatures of the forest.

She planted gardens everywhere she stepped foot on and nourished all. Be it dead or alive. Her aura washed away the dullness of life and in its place, she painted a vibrant masterpiece.

In her absence, life had no colours. Life decayed into monotony. Well, I could be exaggerating. And that’s only because Spring showed me the wonders of life. She was the pilot to my life, and my 
soul flew to the peak of the heavens. Therefore, anything below that peak has become mundane from my perspective.

My dear, where are you? She’s never been this late before. Normally, fires brewed in her soul to the thought of being in my company. Back when I was a boy, she often dropped by unexpected and welcomed herself in and made herself at home. That is one of the many things that I love about her. Spring was anything but uptight and fake. She was natural. Inborn. If she were a plant, she would be a native one. She was so comfortable at my home that my Mother began to believe that Spring was rude. Not me. I rejoiced in her proximity. The sooner the better. It means the fun started earlier. Who could ever say no to joy?

The last decade has been anything but exhilarating. She lost interest. Simply. Is it because I am no longer as handsome as I used to be? It must be. Why else would Spring treat me like this? I miss her. My heart aches for her. I would do anything just to touch those rosy cheeks once more. They were as soft as velvet’s touch. And her lucious scent, even my nose longs for her. My whole body misses her. The mere memory of her is nostalgic, and it haunts me because I can’t have her no matter how much I want her.

I just wish that I could open the door tommorow morning to her: bedazzling pink pupils, her long blonde hair, and her serene laugh. I want her to assure me that she still loves me and she still wants to spend her whole life with me. I need that. It’s the only way that I could keep going. But tommorow is a long way from here and seemingly impossible to reach. Maybe tomorrow I’ll see her. Yet, maybe tomorrow won’t come after all…

© 2019 Decidious wind


Author's Note

Decidious wind
Reviews put a smile on my face.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The use of Spring as a metaphorical being and physical being is brilliant. You're stories are poetic and descriptive. I know you must value criticism more than compliments, but I have none to give.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Decidious wind

6 Years Ago

I do value criticism yet i also appreciate compliments. Thank you for all your reviews.
This is amazing. i love your writing style, your choice of words and your storylines. This one is absolutely
breathtaking!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Decidious wind

6 Years Ago

Your reviews made my day. Thank you very much for your reviews. As soon as i have time i will read y.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Elizabeth

6 Years Ago

You're welcome!
A amazing story shared.
"I just wish that I could open the door tommorow morning to her: bedazzling pink pupils, her long blonde hair, and her serene laugh. I want her to assure me that she still loves me and she still wants to spend her whole life with me. I need that. It’s the only way that I could keep going. But tommorow is a long way from here and seemingly impossible to reach. Maybe tomorrow I’ll see her. Yet, maybe tomorrow won’t come after all…"
The above lines. Realistic and honest view. Thank you for sharing the powerful story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


A very thorough description. It's nice.

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is exceptional, I love the well organized sequence, simple language and the use of personification and imagery. kudos.

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful piece of writing. I felt like as if Spring is demonstrated as a physical human being and not just a passing season. I picture her as a beautiful human being with curly blonde hair and a imagery-like face. This is just... perfect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Decidious wind

6 Years Ago

That is actually exactly how i imagined her. I feel so happy that the image in my mind has reached y.. read more
Holy crap! That was beautiful and dark! That almost made me cry! I almost feel you aren't referring to spring at all, but I don't know for certain!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love the flow of your words and the story! The relationship between Spring and the narrator was intriguing and I loved every second of reading it :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


i am at loss for the words i seek.
this piece has given to me sensory overload.
your vivid portrayal, it speaks of spring alone.
thank you, indeed thank you.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Decidious wind

6 Years Ago

Thank you. You cant imagine how glad i feel when someone leaves me a simple review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 19, 2017
Last Updated on March 29, 2019
Tags: Spring, environment, global warming

Author

Decidious wind
Decidious wind

About
I am a writer A photographer And an artist. I've been writing ever since I was 9 years old. My dream is that my writing reaches someone's heart. Writing is a passion, not a hobby. I am also .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Winter's Tale Winter's Tale

A Poem by Moonie


"Fly Away" "Fly Away"

A Poem by Valentine