Taking a stroll down nightmare lane

Taking a stroll down nightmare lane

A Story by Absentee Reality Check
"

Just an outpouring of what I felt... Take it or leave it.

"

“I like long walks…when they are taken by those who annoy me,” I joke.
“You are so dumb sometimes,” says Mil rolling his eyes. He acts like he doesn’t appreciate my brand of humor but I know it’s just a front.
“Yeah, your village called and they’re missing their idiot” said Deleos, tying to butt in on the conversation and disarm a fight before it happens. Someone should tell him to stop wasting his time. He, I know, doesn’t appreciate my humor but I haven’t decided yet whether it’s because he isn’t smart enough to understand or he is just not paying attention.
“Ha ha ha, you are so funny,” mutters Milli sarcastically. Yay! Girl’s got my back. The two of us funny people should stick together. “But if they were looking for an idiot I guess they got the number right when they called you.” Booyah! Score: Idiots 1, Milli 2.
Deleos frowns while we all laugh, enjoying Milli’s humor. Micah tries to look disapproving and fails miserably; he’s just not built to be a responsible person. I smile leaning back against the wall and let the conversation wash over me, enjoying the feeling of belonging I got from just being there. It took no effort at all. No matter what I did or said when I was with other people this group would love me unconditionally and pick me up when I fell down literally and figuratively.
A fight breaks out between Milli and Deleos. He started it. That’s when I know I must be dreaming. We never actually hit each other outside training and sparring and even if we did Deleos has such calm temperament there is no way ion hell he would start a fight with Milli of all people. And to top it all off Micah just wouldn’t stand there and watch he is a mediator by nature.
I wake up before I can stop the fight. There are tears dried on my cheeks that I don’t remember crying. I feel the emptiness again. That alone feeling that creeps up to take a bite out of your a*s when you’re feeling vulnerable visits. I push all the anger and rage back into the recesses of my mind and get ready for school. For me school is just one big long day of pretend. Endless layers of masks placed over my face. No one there ever gets to know me, not that I would let them. I screwed up when I first came to that school and have been paying for it ever since. Not that I care a whole lot. I go to make the parents happy just like I used to go to church. Well that and my competitive spirit. I would hate to think I’d let a place like DreamField beat me. So I sit in the same seat every day and I watch everyone else. I can’t read people worth a damn. I just see a blank face; it makes interaction hell because I can’t tell whose toes I’m stepping all over. I wonder what I did in my past life to deserve this one. I wait out the day, escape all my punishments and make it home where I can safely fall to pieces again. My old friends would be horrified at what had happened to me. I hide in the worlds my mind can dream up and wish that they were real. I’m always something important there, not like in real life, in real life my friends are all gone, my family doesn’t have a clue and my school is just all one big lie.
Life is just all one big lie for me.

© 2008 Absentee Reality Check


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dig deeper and develop further.
It feels like something larger.


Posted 14 Years Ago


"I screwed up when I first came to that school and have been paying for it ever since. Not that I care a whole lot. I go to make the parents happy just like I used to go to church. Well that and my competitive spirit. I would hate to think I'd let a place like DreamField beat me"

...DreamField huh? Sounds an awful lot like a different school with a field in it o.O. *hugs* I loves you hun, you know that right?

Anyway, as far as the story goes... it was good but it felt like it was part of something bigger. Is this part of a series of stories? Because I saw the Micah character who was in something that I just read. If that's the case then you might want to put this up as a book with these as individual chapters. Sorta like a collection of related short stories... o.O

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 13, 2008

Author

Absentee Reality Check
Absentee Reality Check

VA



About
MyMottos- how i live my life " The Bible Contains six admonismanet to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonisments to heterosexuals.That dosen't mean God dosen't love heterosexuals, he ju.. more..

Writing