Cero

Cero

A Chapter by Nyssa Nyx
"

Prologue

"
The girl in white ran. She ran, short, snow-colored hair flying around her. A silver key attached to her waist belt bounced off her knee-length dress. Her white boots danced around the bullets that threatened to pierce her feet. The sound of gunfire never ceased, never slowed, for each corner she turned. But they wouldn't shoot her, she knew that. She wasn't easily expendable like the others. There was only one of her in the nation, the one born with power. The one born for the key. But they could not have the key, no. They could not have the key.
The girl took one last corner...a dead end. A lone window stared into her silver eyes and she made no hesitation to open the window and stay knelt on the ledge. Her armed caretakers rounded the corner, and she jumped. Pushing off with her hands and left foot, she leapt out the window, hands outstretched and eyes closed, and hovered for a mere four seconds. Her feather weight allowed her flight so brief, then she began a slow, then haste descent into the battle eleven stories below.


© 2015 Nyssa Nyx


Author's Note

Nyssa Nyx
Posting for the "Hook me with your best Chapter" contest hosted by Scottie Elisabeth :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015
Tags: cero, running, being shot upon


Author

Nyssa Nyx
Nyssa Nyx

About
Writer of random crap that comes to my head. Currently affected by Writer's Bleck. All art posted on this account is my own~ --Eternally in writer's block Hell --Slowly coming back maybe .. more..

Writing