We're all a little fucked up

We're all a little fucked up

A Chapter by Bloggergirl29
"

Hope we find it in the darkest corners of our hearts

"
"I need to tell her...... I need to talk to her wher--" 
"Mr.Demtree lay down!" The nurse begged.
"Jay!" I managed to say just loud enough for him to stop. The nurse got him to sit back down. He reluctantly let her put some of the wires back on after I agreed to sit as well. 
"I'll give you two some privacy." She said after realizing she wasn't gonna get him to listen to what he was supposed to do. I walked over and shut the door after she'd left. Jamon noticed the back of my gown was missing. After which he mockingly repeated bite me. His voice was weak and he grabbed his ribs when he gave out a feeble laugh. For a moment it was like it'd been before. 
"How bad is it?" Jamon asked apologetically. 
At first I was unsure what he was referring to, until he motioned toward my arm. 
"I.. I'm fine" I said doubting my answer, my voice mirroring that.
"Are you... you know okay? What happened?" I asked gingerly.
After a small sigh he said "I wasn't watching the road, I -we crashed, I am so,so-" I stopped him before he could finish.
"Stop it's okay, really, but are you?"
"Um well, they said that I have a fucked up leg and I'll have a couple scars but I'm good. Did you read it?"
"Read?.... Oh my gosh no I totally forgot. I was trying to escape my room, why's Alfie so mad?"
"Oh ya that..." Jamon looked embarrassed and avoided my eyes. 
"Can you get it-- the note?" Suddenly his eyes met mine. 
They were one of my favorite of his features, but now they had this intensity to them. I shook my head not breaking eye contact. He looked away, disappointed as far as I could tell. 
"Ih- it says well I guess it doesn't really matter.... you probably guessed it by now" 
"No, What is it?" I pushed
"Do you like him?"
"Him?" Jamon always assumed I could keep up with the parts of the conversation he thought but didn't say.
"You kissed him" Jamon pressed "twice..."
"I've told you, there is nothing there." My voice was meant to be sincere but sounded more so defensive.
"I can't hide it anymore-" Jamon started.
"YOU!" I heard behind me, honestly it startled me a little. It was Alfie. Jamon shared my expression, he even jumped a little.
"Amelia?" My parents said behind him. I could tell my father was trying not to sound too surprised. His voice was weary and my mother simply stood behind him in shock. As far as I could tell Alfie wasn't either surprised or in just upset, though he too sounded tired. Jamon's face by now was more red than it had ever been. Before I had a chance to comprehend the situation I was in, my father had me half way out of the room.
Between the rushing people in the rooms I saw glimpses of a hopeless looking Jamon. I was both emotionally and physically drained so I had no way to fight my way out of it.
"I love you!" I had heard this so many times before it seemed both fake and emotionless, but not this time it gave me strength it..... it was from someone whom had never said anything like this to me before, it was.. .....Jamon.
Not just I was surprised because a sudden silence fell over us. It felt as if someone had pause time.
"I guess we are all a little on edge." My father said in a the softest voice he could.
"I guess so." They all agreed almost simultaneously. They were staring at me and I didn't realize why until I heard a sound, my voice repeating the phrase:
"I love you, too"


© 2016 Bloggergirl29


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

small grammatical errors, I can understand what you meant to say so its not that bad, there are still many unanswered questions, I say you combine these chapters in this short story into a single chapter in a real book.... id read it, please continue

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Added on April 23, 2016
Last Updated on June 20, 2016


Author

Bloggergirl29
Bloggergirl29

unknown, CT



About
I am well me I guess.... Always glad to help people Also my personality seems a bit bipolar haha I am sometimes a complete social butterfly or completely anti-social. But no matter what I always con.. more..

Writing