Stronger

Stronger

A Story by Peppy
"

Jenna loses her friend while playing in the woods. She goes to find him, but almost gets killed! A stranger saves her and trains her to be an assassin. Will she find her friend?

"

I walked out of my classroom and into the hallway. It was crowded. Kids were zooming this way and that to their lockers. I went to mine and opened it. Suddenly, someone shoved my head into my locker. I turned around and saw Will. He smirked.
Will is the school bully. He's the only one that would be the crud out of girls. He used to like me and asked me out once. I rejected him. And he's been mad at me ever since.
He put his hands on each side of me against my locker, trapping me next to my locker. Will's face moved closer, I pressed my back against my locker, and he whispered in my ear.
"So... you got anything going on this weekend?" He asked.
"No," I said.
"Wanna go out to a movie or something?"
"No,"
"Playing hard to get, huh?"
I didn't reply.
He raised his fist and got ready to punch me. I flinched. I didn't feel anything. I opened my eyes and saw a hand holding Will's arm back. My eyes followed the hand up and saw Max, my best friend.
"Now, I'm gonna let go." Max said. He let go and Will punched the locker, right next to my head. He turned around and looked at Max. Then he walked away.
"Are you okay?" Max asked.
"Yeah," I said. I rubbed my hand against my forehead. "I just have a headache."
"What happened to the 'boys don't hit girls' rule?" Max said.
"It doesn't exist to Will."
"So would you like to see a movie with me, instead?" Max said and smiled.
"Sure! What about Salt? It looks awesome." I said.
"Sure!" Max said.
Max and I have been best friends since kindergarden. We agree on everything and we love action movies. We're almost like twins.
That night, Max and I were playing paintball in his woods.
I hid behind a tree and I heard him coming. I jumped out and shot him. Blue paint splattered across his leg. I laughed and pointed at him. He shot at me but I ducked and rolled on the ground. I crawled behind another tree. I peered around and didn't see Max. I walked around. "Max?" I called out. No answer. "Max? This isn't funny," I heard a bush move and I screamed. I pointed my paintball gun out and kept moving.
I searched all throughout the woods. Max wasn't to be seen. I ran home. I burst through the door in tears.
"Mom? Mom! He's gone! Max is gone!" I screamed.
"What do you mean he's gone?" Mom said.
"We were paintballing in the forest and suddenly he was gone! Mom, what if he ranaway or got kidnapped?"
"I'll call his parents. We'll find him. Okay, Jenna?"
I nodded. She told me to go to my room and rest. I passed out on my bed.


A week later, Max never came up. He was never seen or found. People were starting to say he was dead.
I walked out of class with my books held against my chest. Someone tripped me. I fell and my books and papers spread across the floor. I looked up and saw Will laughing. "Who's gonna save you now, Jenna? Max is gone. He's dead."
I stood up. "He isn't dead. He's still alive. I know it." I said.
"Ha! Yeah right. He hasn't shown up for a week. Where do you think he is? Oh, I know! In hell." Will laughed.
Anger boiled up inside of me. I punched Will straight across his face. The sound of a body crashing against the ground rang through my head. Everyone gasped. I took a step back. Everyone looked at me. I shook my head and ran away.

At dinner, I moved my fork around in my food.
"Something wrong, sweetie?" Mom said.
"Not hungry," I put my fork down and stared out the window. It was dark and raining.
"What's wrong, Jenna?" Mom asked.
"Mom, eveyone keeps saying that Max is dead. He isn't dead, right Mom?" I said, my voice shook.
"Sweetie..." Mom got up and hugged me. "He isn't coming back, Jenna. He's gone. I'm sorry. The police tried everything," Mom cried.
"No, he's not. The police didn't try everything," I said. I got loose from my mother's grip.
"Jenna, he's gone as your father is," Mom said.
Dad, I thought. He died in a robbery. He was shot in a gas station. "No..." I said. "No! NO!" I screamed. "I'll find him! I will!" I shouted. I grabbed my jacket off my chair and ran out the door.
"JENNA!" Mom screamed. I ignored it and kept running in the rain, soaking wet.
I ran down my road. I got passed a plaza and slipped in a puddle on a sidewalk. I fell on my butt and got up. I looked at my watch. 9:00. I'll just find a spot somewhere and camp out. Living on the streets. I'll be a beggar.
I walked passed an alley. I felt someone grab me and pull me down. I looked up. It was too dark, I couldn't see the face. I screamed, but they covered my mouth and dragged me into the alley. I struggled, but he was too strong. I finally pushed him off me. He fell on the ground. I brushed myself off and started walking again. The man pulled me down and pinned me down. I panted. The man smiled and pulled a knife out of his pocket. He held it in front of my face, then drew his arm back. I closed my eyes and waited for pain. Nothing happened. I felt the weight of the man disappear. I opened my eyes. He was on the ground next to me, pinned down by someone else. I sat up. The man threw off the person from on top of him. The person stood up. The man stood up and charged after him. The person stopped him by grabbing the man's head. The person twisted the man's neck. The man dropped his knife and fell to the ground. The person walked up to me and held his hand out. I looked at his hand, then at the person. I felt myself crash backward.


I woke up. I was in a bed. Huh? I thought. It wasn't my bed. It wasn't my room...
"Are you alright?" Said a voice. I looked to my right and screamed. There was a boy wearing a hat and sunglasses. I couldn't see his hair, it was covered by his hat. He looked my age. "Shhh!" He said.
"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked.
"I saved you in that dark alleyway, from that man. You fainted when I was about to help you up," he said, "Why were you by yourself?"
"I was... running away," I said.
"That was a stupid thing you did," he said.
What's your name?" I asked.
"Um... Troy," he said.
"Why won't you show your face?" I reached for his sunglasses and hat, but he turned away.
"I'm... ugly,"
I made a face and reached for his sunglasses again. He grabbed my wrist. I kicked his shin and he fell. He pushed my legs and I fell. He stood up. I tripped him. He fell. I stood up and broke off a rusted pipe on the wall. I pointed it at him. Troy smiled. "You're good,"
I smirked, "Thanks, but you're not getting off that easy,"
"Wait,"
"What?"
"How would you like to be an assassin?"
"You're a sick person," I pointed the pipe closer to Troy's throat.
"Wait!"
"What?!"
"We're good assassins! We kill criminals,"
"Aw, come on. Just stop lying," I drew the pipe back and aimed for Troy's throat. He grabbed the pipe and pulled it down next to him, dragging me down with it. I landed on my back next to Troy. "Oof!" I reached for the pipe, but Troy kicked it and he pinned me down. "Ow?" I said. I struggled, but he was too strong.
"If I was bad... then why did I save you?" He said. I stopped struggling. "I'm trained to kill bad people. Do you believe me now?" Troy said.
I flipped over so that I was on top of Troy, instead. "Yeah, I do," I smiled.


He took me to a school. An abandoned school. It looked like a plain building, but there was an old playground in the back. We walked in. We walked through the hall. 5 rooms were for fighting strategies. The rest were empty and had blankets on the floor. It was old. The wallpaper was peeling. All the rusty desks and chairs were piled in a corner of each room. They were all guys. Was I the only girl?
He took me into a room. "Sit there. I'll be right back," Troy said. I sat on the floor and looked around. There was a big clear box against the wall. It was the size of a flatbed truck. I got up and walked around the room.
"Hey! You!" Someone whispered. I looked at the box. A hand was sticking out of the hole and there was a face by the window part. I screamed. "Shhh!" He said.
"Who are you?" I said.
"I'm Rick," he said.
"Why are you in that box?"
"I'm one of them. They've mistaken me for a killer. I'm good." He held his hand out for me to shake. I looked at but I didn't shake it. "Let me out," he said quietly.
"Don't listen to him. He's crazy." Troy said as he walked in. A man walked in behind him. "This is Tyler. He's the leader of this whole thing." Troy said.
Tyler walked up to me. "A girl? This is the great fighter you were speaking of?" Tyler said.
"Yes," Troy said. "Come on, Jenna, show us your moves."
"How do you know my name?" I asked.
"It says it on the back of your sports shirt..." Troy said.
Tyler got into a ready position. Was he going to fight me?
I went to punch him, but he grabbed my hand and twisted my arm back. He pushed me on the ground. I landed at Troy's feet. I looked up. He had his arms crossed and was looking down at me.
"Ha! You call that a fighter? She can't even catch herself before she falls!" Tyler said.
Troy bent down to me and whispered, "What are you doing?!"
"I don't know! I'm scared!" I said. Troy groaned and pulled me up. "I'm sorry, Tyler. Maybe she can fight me?" He asked. Tyler crossed his arms and nodded. He stepped back and Troy got ready. I just stood there. Troy charged and pinned me down. My head hit against the ground.
"Would you stop doing that?" I said.
"I'm gonna go easy on you," Troy whispered.
I smirked. "Alright. How's this?" I kicked him in the crotch and he rolled off of me. He held himself and moaned on the ground. I jumped and stood up. Troy got up slowly. He charged after me again. I grabbed him, span around, and threw him against the wall. I walked up to him. He grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. We both panted. We stared into each other's eyes. He leaned in. I smiled and kneed him in his crotch again. He fell down. I smiled triumphantly and said, "Alright, can I play with guns now?"

"I'm impressed!" Tyler said to me. We were sitting on some desks. I sat in between Tyler and Troy. "You're one tough chick," Tyler slapped me on the back. I coughed and rubbed my shoulder. Troy noticed and laughed quietly. "Have you shot a gun before?" Tyler said.
"No, but I want to," I said.
"You will. Tomorrow," Tyler said. He looked at his watch. "Its late. We better get to sleep."
"Where do we sleep?" I asked.
"Follow me," Tyler led us to one of the rooms with the blankets. Everyone was asleep on top of the blankets on the floor.
"Looks like we have to sleep with a lady." Troy winked. I shoved him.
"I sleep in the other room," said Tyler. He walked out and left me and Troy standing there.
I lied on a blanket and Troy lied on one across from me. I laid on my stomach and stared at Troy. "So how long have you been here?" I whispered.
Troy looked at me. "Oh um... 3 years."
"You're lying," I said.
"How?"
"I can see it in your eyes,"
"I'm wearing sunglasses!"
"I can still tell."
Troy smiled, "Fine, you got me. I joined 3 weeks ago,"
"What's your story?" I asked.
"I don't remember."
"Oh," I faced away from him and closed my eyes. I heard Troy laugh quietly. I rolled over and looked at him. "What?"
"You're like one of those hot fighters from the movies," Troy whispered. I giggled and rolled back over, facing the wall. I thought about Max. Maybe he is dead. And mother. I'll never see her again. Tears welled in my eyes. I coughed.
"What's wrong?" Troy whispered.
I quickly wiped my tears. He heard. "I'm cold," I said.
"Look at me," Troy said. I rolled over and faced him. "You're lying,"
I giggled, "How?"
"I can see it in your eyes," he smiled.
"I miss my best friend," I whispered. I covered my eyes and cried hard. I heard Troy scoot over. He took my hands off my face and wiped my tears away. "He's dead. I know it," I said.
Troy squeezed my hands, "Don't think that way," he said. "He could still be alive."
I looked at him. His face was right there. If I only knew what he looked like. He was still wearing his hat and sunglasses. To bed? I thought. Troy touched my face. His lips brushed against mine, but I looked away. Troy understood, though. Instead, he put me on top of him. I laid on his chest and he put his strong arms around me. I closed my eyes. I felt so warm and safe on his chest.


We ate oranges for breakfast. There was an orange tree nearby. I had to get used to eating small breakfasts.
Later, Tyler took me and Troy to a room. It was empty.
"How come nobody's in here?" I asked.
"Everyone went shopping," Tyler said.
"They have money?!"
"No, when we're desperate we have to.... slip things over here,"
"You steal?"
"Yeah, how else would we get our supplies?"
"Aw I couldn't go with them?" Troy cut in.
"No, you brought her here, so you have to stay with her. Besides, we already have ten people out there," Tyler said.
Tyler and Troy argued. I looked around. Where were the guns? There was a closet in the back. I walked over and opened it. Guns. Different kinds. Did they steal the guns, too? I picked one up.
"Hey! Hey! Put that down!" Tyler said. He took it from me. "It isn't loaded anyway. There's ammo in the other room where Rick is. In the closet," he nodded his head toward the hall.
I went into the other room. I looked in the closet and picked up a box. I sensed someone behind me. From the corner of my eye I saw a gun. Someone was pointing a gun to my head. "Put the box down," he said. I put the box down.
"Who are you?" I said. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. It was Rick. He had escaped from the box! A sly smile spread across his face. I screamed.
Tyler and Troy heard and came running in. They had guns and they pointed them at Rick. Rick twisted my arm back. "Drops your guns, or she dies," he said. I cried.
Troy and Tyler exchanged looks. They dropped their guns. "Kick 'em toward me," Rick said. They kicked their guns toward him. Rick pushed me away. I let myself fall on Troy.
"Get off me, fool," Troy pushed me away.
Rick picked up the two guns. "Idiots, the one I had wasn't loaded," he said. "Thanks, Jenna, for letting me out!" He ran out.
Troy and Tyler looked at me, angrily. "You let him out?!" Tyler yelled.
"No! He lied!" I cried.
"I can't believe this... now he's gonna gather up his whole team and murder our whole city!"
"What?!" Troy yelled.
"You!" Tyler pointed at me. "Get out!"
"What?" I said.
"You're banned from here!" Tyler shouted.
"What?! Troy!" I looked at Troy, hoping he would say something. He just shook his head and looked down. I heard the members coming in from "shopping". I picked up a desk and threw it. I screamed and cursed but Tyler stood there with his arms crossed. Tyler walked out. Troy walked up to me and tried hugging me. I stepped back. "Get away from me," I clenched my fists. Troy stepped back, frightened. He walked out.
I threw open the closet doors. I grabbed boxes of ammo. I went to the gun room. The closet of guns was still open. There was a belt. I grabbed it and put it on. I attached two guns and stuffed the ammo in my pockets.
Everyone was outside. I went to every room and checked for weapons. I found bombs and knives. I attached a knife to my belt and stuffed some bombs in my belt pockets.
I could hear everyone coming back inside. I snuck out the back and waited for everyone to get inside.
I started to run. I was gonna track Rick and his team down.
"Jenna!" A voice yelled.
I turned around. It was Troy. "What?!" I shouted. 
"Where are you going?!" He said.
"I'm gonna kill Rick's team!"
"Are you crazy?! There's one of you and twenty of them!" He started walking toward me.
I pointed a gun toward him and he stopped. "Stay away from me, traitor." I ran off, leaving Troy behind, speechless.

I ran through the woods. I could tell where Rick had been. He had shot every tree we walked passed. I followed the marks. I finally walked out of the woods. No more tracks were left. I was in the middle of nowhere. Suddenly somebody grabbed me.
He wrapped his arm around my neck and whispered in my ear, "I knew you would follow," he laughed. "You're coming with me,"
I reached my

hand up and punched him in the face. He let go, then I felt a pain in my head and I crashed forward.


I woke up, staring at a ceiling. I was on a floor. It was cold and the lights were dim. I must've fainted again. I sat up. I was surrounded! There was probably fifty men. Scratched up, bruised, armed with weapons.
I stood up and pulled two guns out. One in each hand. Laughter filled the room. The whole crowd was laughing at me. I shot. Two men fell to the ground. Then, everyone charged at me. I pulled out two knives, stabbing whoever came near me. Then two men grabbed my arms. Everyone stopped. Rick made his way through the crowd. I struggled.
"Well, well, it looks like your team abandoned you," he said.
I stopped struggling. "Yeah, what's it to you?"
"Well, now that you killed half of my team, I have spots open," he smirked.
"I'm not falling for it," I said and looked away.
He held my face in his hands. "Think about it, Jenna, they betrayed you,"
"Yeah, because you lied!" I shouted.
"But it was stupid of them to believe me. Join me, Jenna. We can destroy Tyler's team," he held his hand out.
The two men let go of me. I looked at them, then at Rick's hand. I reached toward it.
"Don't do it!" Someone shouted. I turned around. It was Troy! He had brought the whole team with him, too!
"You again? I thought you gave up!" Rick shouted.
"I would never abandon a friend," Troy said and smiled at me.
Rick snatched a gun from one of his teammates and shot at Troy. Troy dodged it. I gasped and pushed Rick against his teammates. He fell on his back, knocking the air out of him. He coughed and sat up. "Get them!" He said.
That was it. The fight was on. Swords, knives, guns, and fists came out. I made my way through the crowd to Troy. We faced back to back and shot. I saw Tyler. He was fighting two men. I saw the one behind him pull a knife out.
"Tyler!" I screamed. He didn't hear me. The man stuck the knife through Tyler and pulled it out. Tyler covered the wound in his stomach, in shock. He fell on his knees. I screamed. I fought my way through the crowd toward Tyler. He fell forward, face first. He was dead.
"Oh my gosh!" I screamed. Troy stood next to me. He saw Tyler.
He shouted and shot the man who killed Tyler straight through the head. He died instantly.
Our teams were getting smaller. We had four people left on our team and 10 people left on Rick's team. We were gonna lose. I remember when me and Max were younger, we wanted to go to war when we grew up. This was my war. Without Max.
Back to reality, Jenna. Two me charged after me. I jumped and stabbed them both in the chest.
"Go Jenna!" Someone cheered. I looked up. It was Troy. He had his fist in the air, smiling at me. He didn't see Rick coming up behind him...
"TROY! BEHIND YOU!" I screamed. Troy went to turn around, but Rick jabbed him in the back with a sword and pulled it back out. It went all the way through him. Blood trickled down the metal of the swords. I screamed.
I ran to Troy and kneeled on the ground next to him. "Troy? Troy, answer me!" I said. Troy coughed and smiled at me. I touched his stomach and got blood on my hand. Troy touched my face and I held his hand against my face.
"I'm okay. Just wounded." He smiled. I tried to smile back, but I cried. I took off his hat and sunglasses...
"MAX?!" I shouted.
Max nodded. He was with me the whole time... and I didn't even know it. He coughed and closed his eyes. "I'll be watching over you..." he said. That was it. He was dead.
I looked around for my teammates. I was the only one. Rick pointed at me and two guys walked up to me and grabbed each arm, trying to pull me up. I kicked and screamed. "NO! NO!" I was hysterical. They finally got me up and dragged me to Rick.
Rick laughed. I just looked down. Then Rick punched me hard in the stomach. He kept beating me. I let him. Laughter rang through my head.
Max. He was gone. Rick killed him.
I swung on the men's arms and kicked Rick away. I pushed the two men away and jumped up. I pulled out to knives and stabbed them through the top of their heads.
"GET HER!" Rick shouted.
I turned around and swung out my guns. One in each hand. I shot everyone who came near. I ran out of ammo, so I beated the last two men with my guns. I turned around. Rick wasn't there.
"WHERE ARE YOU, YOU B*****D?!" I screamed.
"Right here," a voice said. Out of the corner of my I saw a figure. I turned toward it.
Rick had a gun pointing toward me. I dropped mine and held my hands up.
"Now I have you," Rick smirked.
"No," I said. I reached in my pocket quickly and pulled out another knife. I threw it at Rick and it landed in his shoulder. He dropped his gun and winced. I walked toward him. I picked up his gun and aimed it toward him. He shook his head. I shot. He died on the ground with his eyes open.
I walked around the room. I survived. Not for long. I walked up to Max's body. I sat down next to him.
I picked up my gun and shot myself in the head.

© 2011 Peppy


Author's Note

Peppy
Sorry it's so long...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love it

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow..I knew it was Max :DD I is soo clever.. Damn i reviewed again

Posted 12 Years Ago


my fav so far love it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

677 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2011
Last Updated on October 15, 2011
Tags: dramaticlover, love, story, crush, like, boy, girl, 1st person, drama, action, fight

Author

Peppy
Peppy

Place, TX



About
Hey, I'm Peppy. I looove writing stories and make a couple of poems. I write scripts on here, then make them into videos and post them on YouTube. more..

Writing
Crush Crush

A Story by Peppy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


September September

A Chapter by Peppy


October October

A Chapter by Peppy


Crush Crush

A Story by Peppy