The Fallen Blade - Chapter 2

The Fallen Blade - Chapter 2

A Story by Zac
"

Surprising

"

Chapter 2

          The king dead, everyone dead, except one person. A boy with no home and no family and covered by the rubble and ashes of his home he got up but to only see his parent’s right beside him, dead. His heart stopped he couldn’t believe it. All that he once had, was now gone, but how? He sat there trying to figure what happened and then he saw a patrol of guards and then he realized they had killed his parents so he ran as fast as he could at the guard and just before they made contacts the guard moved away and stuck out the handle of his spear and the little boy that was once angered, was now in a deep sleep, unconscious.

        He woke up to find himself in chains and in a carriage with another prisoner of his age. He looked starved and beaten. Why would they do this? What did they ever do wrong? All he could do was watch as they entered a new kingdom. He saw the barren land that they were in and how starved and weak all the people looked. He wondered if maybe they too were taken captive. He tried to ask some questions but as soon as he started talking he was just told to be quiet. He just wanted to know what had happened to all these people and if he was going to be like them. Fear trembled in him as he watched the people being whipped and tortured. They finally arrived at the palace where the great lord was. By the entrance at the gate there were at least a dozen guards there watching them as they rode past through the gates? He was taken out of the carriage and then taken into the castle with darkness everywhere. Everything was black; the walls, the floor, and the celling. Then he came through a dormitory and was brought before the king. 

        “Welcome” said the Heinous Lord

The boy didn’t answer.

        “I suggest you begin to like it here and give no problems otherwise there will be problems for you.”

The boy still didn’t reply.

    “Put him in training for a soldier, he will get over it soon.”

The guards took the young, stubborn boy of thirteen and began to make him a soldier.

 

 


        Down in the land where no one dares to roam there lived a man by the name of Nicolas Archer. A downcast, Set aside from the wealth and riches of the world. Even though said to be non-existent it is said that he still roams the land waiting for the moment when all seemed down. He was an adventurer, keen to explore the glory and riches of the world. Many say he is greedy where others say he is just conservative. He lived in his own little home far from the dangers of the world. He was a man in his mid-30; he had blonde hair and was well built. He knew the craft of the sword in case he was challenged by many threats, but this journey was a journey that would change his life for forever. The place that he used to know was now a distant memory, untouchable. The way the trees swayed in the wind. He was now winding down the cobble road toward his own fate. Every step he took, he was one step closer to finding his destiny. He walked along the narrow cobble road towards the place that no one dares to venture, the place of only secrets and upholding, many say that that place will only become your undoing. But this man was a man of adventure and Pretty stupid if you ask me but he began his journey to the caves. After days of travelling he finally arrived at the caves to which he was entitled to by his great grandfather. He stood their looking at the moss engulfed cave with animals never known to man wondering if this was a good idea. Taking a leap of faith he climbed into the cave and he had received something that he would never have thought would happen. The wind roared like a lion, the trees shook with fear for in the land the curse was broken, the very curse that kept a specific creature from terrorizing their lands was now set free because of the hands of this one man named Nicolas Archer. And from that day on he has been one of the most wanted and hated men of all time.

    Ever since the past twenty years the people of Mordu have been hiding in fear for the escape from the Ogbeast. This creature is a creature not of just claws and sharp teeth. It can sense the Heartbeat of any man or woman that comes near. This creature goes on nightly raids slaughtering and destroying everything in its ways.

“Price Otis What is your command?” Said Viktor Dregger, Price Otis’ fallen warrior.

“We cannot afford any more of these attacks; we must slay this massacre at the root. Otis said reassuring his followers

“But sir, How? This beast is invincible, it’s impossible to kill.”

“I know a friend that can help us defeat this beast, He has been close to it. He will know its weaknesses. But I’m afraid that this will not be very easy.”

“Why not? And how do you even know this man” asked Dregger

”He is known as an outcast to many, he was charged with treason against my father. He used to be a friend of mine; He was always different from everyone, always wanting adventure. Always making everything dangerous.”

“Do you have an idea of where his whereabouts might be, judging that you know his characteristics?”

“I think I might know where he might be, but we shoul”

“Sir, we? You shouldn't go sir, it’s too dangerous. I don’t want you to end up like your father.”

“I am going to go! I am your only hope of finding him, I haven’t seen him in years and I want to see him again!” Yelled Otis

“Yes sir.” Replied Dregger wearily.

Get the horses ready, we leave at dawn. We must stop this Ogbeast before it does any more damage to any others.”

“You heard him, Go! We want to waste no time.”

So the escapade of men started off their journey in the morning not knowing what dangers they would face. Tasks that would test if they were really what they said they were to be, the best in the land.

© 2015 Zac


Author's Note

Zac
Hope you like it
A new chapter to my book
Please Comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
Added on April 9, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015

Author

Zac
Zac

Rocky View, Alberta, Canada



About
My preferred writing is Poetry. My hobbies are writing and sports. I am 14 and I hope to get better at writing. more..

Writing
Secrets Secrets

A Poem by Zac


Memories Memories

A Poem by Zac