Hauntingly

Hauntingly

A Poem by Breezie Kae

I am on top of the world
and I am crashed down to the ground.

I am so full of hope and futures
and I am at a dead end of my maze.

My talents are meaningless
and quintessential to the human race.

My world
crashes down.

Everything in my mind blurs;
I can't breathe with all these contradictions.

Everything inside me
breaks.

I can't explain these demons,
even I do not know why I feel so vacuous.

I feel like midnight,
but I also feel so intriguingly beautiful.

I cannot explain
why my demons make me feel so high.

I break my skin,
I heal myself.

I hate myself,
I love myself.

I kill myself,
I survive.

I cry.

© 2010 Breezie Kae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You wear your heart on your sleeve and that is an admirable trait in any poet. I empathised with this poem, but the only thing to do when your down is to pick yourself up dust yourself down and try try again. Brilliant poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The form works really well in this form, sticking to two line stanzas and ending in just one...to me that adds some sort of soft final, a sort of finally giving in and letting down barriers. I especially like the contradictions (hate v.s. love, etc.), it works well.

There are some places where the poem might flow better if you shorten the grammer, break the rules a little...the second line could be "and I crash to the ground" instead of "and I am crashed down to the ground." Also, you could say "I am midnight/I am beautiful"..."am" is stronger than "feel" and will work better with the unhesitant nature of the poem...but "feel" works also...
Overall excellent job, very emotional and powerful. I would try to add more imagery, but it would be hard to do that without breaking the short and concise structure that makes the poem work so well, i.e. making a fleeting/transient tone which works so well. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. You too me with you on a roller coaster of feelings and emotion. I like the flow and the ending. In the end we must get up and be strong. Can't allow the world to hold us down. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on June 18, 2010


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..