In your presence

In your presence

A Poem by Abdul Aziz

The morning sun evaporates in your presence.
And in the day, it snows away
Small shimmering pieces of helium.

They fall at your feet
And glow a while
While you tread towards the evening.

It is then the bed of blue above you
Turns a violent green,
Before it fills with fluffy white.

The heavens cry before you sleep
And gift you their rainbows
To wear them as you may.

With a final sigh,
The horizon explodes into a sea of light
As you smile your pretty smile.

The moon arrives to share your shine
But hides itself with shame
When you cover yourself
With your quilt knitted with auroras.

The stars glimmer,
One for every lustrous strand
Of your silken auburn hair.

Dawn creaks into existence
With the first rays of the eager morning sun
Who wants to evaporate again.

Why do you say you aren't beautiful?

© 2010 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think it's beautiful, your comparison of the woman to nature and how she is more beautiful than nature. What made her even more beautiful was her modesty. "Why do you say you aren't beautiful?" It reminds me of something that a man told a woman about me before. He said that the most beautiful thing about me was that I didn't know how pretty I really was.

A blush on a woman's face is as beautiful as the blush of a rose.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow wonderful…
A new dimension for assessing beauty….
Liked it sooooooooooo….much..


Posted 13 Years Ago


To a lover his girl is the most beautiful woman on earth, and your poem brings that out very well, nature compared to a woman and her beauty is well done, i liked the metaphors and the imagery behind it... fine flow of words... keep up the good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a gentle summer breeze to warm the heart.
I enjoy how you used the term 'morning' in the first verse, and 'evening' in the second. The sunrise and the sunset, both to compliment your imagery of sun-lit, falling snow.
"The heavens cry before you sleep/And gift you their rainbows/To wear them as you may" felt very Shakespearian to me. I like the concept of wearing a rainbow, again, it highlights the image you seem to have going for throughout the entire poem: bright and heaven-like.
Am I seeing things or is quilt bolded? Perhaps I just need to wear my glasses more often.
We start with the morning sun, and end with the morning sun, a complete circle, an infinity of celestial incandescence.
The last line... the last line definitely pulled at some heart strings. I think YOU are the beautiful one, for creating this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


winding nature's breathtaking vines around a human woman aspect with such gentle and loving verse in beautifully painted hues~ opens the day on a scene of lush and calm possibilities through perspective~superb literary beauty in action~

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it's beautiful, your comparison of the woman to nature and how she is more beautiful than nature. What made her even more beautiful was her modesty. "Why do you say you aren't beautiful?" It reminds me of something that a man told a woman about me before. He said that the most beautiful thing about me was that I didn't know how pretty I really was.

A blush on a woman's face is as beautiful as the blush of a rose.

Linda Marie

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such beauty and tenderness in the poem. Each set of lines strengthen the poem. I like the description and the story. Last line made this outstanding poem complete.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way you use a variety of adjectives. Very artistic. Your poem paints a perfect aura. Well written. Thanks for sharing. =)

Posted 13 Years Ago


absolutely fantastic - "It is then the bed of blue above you
Turns a violent green,
Before it fills with fluffy white." - brilliant personification and subtle display of very human emotions in something extraordinary.

"Why do you say you aren't beautiful?" - the way many a girl feels, i'm afraid. wonderful last line.





Posted 13 Years Ago


This is absolutely wonderful piece. (: It's going in my favorites.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're extremely good at writing of matters of the heart. I love the imagery and colours that you use in this poem to convey thoughts and feelings it's very effective. The sixth stanza when you break your pattern of tertiary lines is interesting. Makes me think what was behind it.

I've favourite'd this one, and added it to my library. Really appreciated you sharing the delicate and articulate poem with us. Thank you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

932 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 27, 2010
Last Updated on June 20, 2010

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren


Wordilicious Wordilicious

A Poem by Robin