untitled

untitled

A Poem by Dupree
"

just a poem

"

You think you've got me?

But it's not that simple, you see

I'm not a piece of property

I only belong to me

You don't get to own this

Or know my bliss

Or steal a single kiss

You took your shot, but it was a miss

 

© 2010 Dupree


Author's Note

Dupree
just something short and sweet off the top of my head..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Short and sweet and very much to the point.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love how it short and smiple and straight to the point. That's really good dupree....oh and message me every now and then.


Posted 13 Years Ago


Like the shortness and to the point..Sunflower

Posted 13 Years Ago


How about the title "Forever Not Yours" - It may be short, but biting and concise. Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very short... I like it! I can see the control you have in here. You are all control in this poem and the rhyming makes it all the better! Keep it going girl!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm wondering why it remained untitled....

Also how anyone could be so confident and yet so wrong. To feel they had "you" when no one can really be had, when they hadn't even had a single kiss....

At any rate the poem is great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We can be gotten only if two decide it would be alright. A very interesting poem. Very strong and to the point. A very good poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a cool poem. Nice pen on this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol. Sounds like someone made a mistake is making attempts at amending it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the way this poem begins. You are who you are. You are not defined by the life you build around someone else. However, I really do not like the connotation of "taking a shot", to me it implies that a guy performs an act and if it meet a certain level of achievement, then she is his. First, that clashes with the beginning thought of your poem. If his "shot" had been better would you now be his property? Second, the way to establish a good relationship with another person is to come to a MUTUAL interest in each other because of shared interests. I don't mean to be too critical of your poem Dupree, it's just that you start off as an independent person, then you use a phrase that completely contradicts that image. I hope that wasn't your intention. It also happens to be a concept that is repugnant to me and is the cause of many a woman's problems. Not that I don't understand that certain women feel that way. I certainly would not discourage those women from expressing them selves in writing. However unlikely it is that they would find time to write, they'll be busy with their owners demands. Overall a good poem, keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

736 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 19, 2010

Author

Dupree
Dupree

Idiot Central, WV



About
I'm a rather boring person to be honest. Nothing ever happens to me, though I constantly wish something would. I'm an addict, but not as one might think. I am a self proclaimed music, writing, and rea.. more..

Writing
Long Ago Long Ago

A Story by Dupree


Brink Brink

A Poem by Dupree


Never Changes Never Changes

A Story by Dupree



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Knife's Blade Knife's Blade

A Poem by Dupree