Aurora Bliss of Dying Moon

Aurora Bliss of Dying Moon

A Story by Final-Karma
"

Adding to the tales, we have Hajar Neferti, first rate mage and Weaver. Along with her familiar Jeeves.

"
Cast the circle, embrace the circle. Feel the magic that flows. Invoke the inner pathway between time and space. Focus. Focus. Focus.. I heard something fall. I opened my eyes and saw Jeeves staring back at me and shattered glass all over the floor. Jeeves is my cat by the way, but not just any cat. It is my very own familiar. I summoned it's presence a few months ago and it decided to take the form of a cat. A rather grumpy looking one at that. Plus, because of its condescending tone, I named it Jeeves. It looked at the broken glass scattered all over my apartment floor and I heard it's voice in my mind, "Blasted feline body! Why did I ever choose it? I was told it was the adequate form to take for a young witch, but this is plainly incorrect!" Jeeves was having a hard time adjusting. So was I. 
The night I created the circle to summon a malevolent to capture, I was searching for one of Egyptian folklore. I was told that the spell conjuring of Bastet's Curse would invoke such a demon to arrive. It's a powerful circle casting that was said to be used by a famous Egyptian witch to defeat Bastet, the goddess herself. I had no problem using it. After all, I come from a first rate bloodline of magic users. There was no circle I couldn't cast and maintain. Jeeves pranced around the glass and I told him to move out of the way so I could clean it up. He glared up at me and said "Mind your tongue little lady. I am a culmination of power far greater than any.." I cast a semi circle around him and he levitated. He panicked and meowed loudly. I told him "You are at my mercy Jeeves. Stop talking as if you have power over me. I summoned you to my side and you are bound to order. So chill out p***y cat." 
I put him down easy and he hissed, "Mark my words little witch. Never threaten your familiar." He ran off to go hide under the bed. That was his comfort zone. I swept up the glass and threw it away in the atomizer. I read in a vidlog that before the atomizer, we would throw away our trash in places and bury it. I always thought that had to be nasty. Of course that was back when magic was cast with incantations and dark spells. Primitive stuff. I got a ring on my transphone. The holographic screen lit up with the name Adam Century. Oh no. What did he want now. Adam is an elder. I answered. It is a special summit meeting. I put my transphone in my pocket. Grabbed my jacket and slipped on my shoes. I called to Jeeves to come with me. He grumbled but came along. The door hydro locked behind me. This is big. I finally get to meet other Weavers like me. Jeeves started cleaning himself. I looked down and wondered. If he is a demon, why does he do that? 

© 2017 Final-Karma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First the good. Very amusing. Did not see the tech and magic merge coming very creative.
This works as a first chapter, it tells you what you need to know and gets you into the book. Sentences are clear not many adverbs(a good sign). Mood stays amusing and gothic througout which is a plus.
Needs paragraphs and a bit more decription, like what do the hydro doors and transphone look like(transpone is a must its such a neat idea) also the chapter needs to end with a bit more direction as it ends rather abruptly(humorously though, I did laugh out loud). Some sort of closure to the chapter setting the reader up for chapter 2 would go a long way.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Final-Karma

6 Years Ago

Thank you! Since this, I have a few more stories I have written set in the same universe. These are .. read more



Reviews

First the good. Very amusing. Did not see the tech and magic merge coming very creative.
This works as a first chapter, it tells you what you need to know and gets you into the book. Sentences are clear not many adverbs(a good sign). Mood stays amusing and gothic througout which is a plus.
Needs paragraphs and a bit more decription, like what do the hydro doors and transphone look like(transpone is a must its such a neat idea) also the chapter needs to end with a bit more direction as it ends rather abruptly(humorously though, I did laugh out loud). Some sort of closure to the chapter setting the reader up for chapter 2 would go a long way.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Final-Karma

6 Years Ago

Thank you! Since this, I have a few more stories I have written set in the same universe. These are .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on September 21, 2017
Last Updated on October 16, 2017
Tags: science fiction, supernatural, adventure, technology

Author

Final-Karma
Final-Karma

NC



About
Hello, I am Final-Karma. I dabble in the known and unknown. Please read my work and let your minds be expanded. Feel free to message me, I am always excited to speak to new people from all walks of li.. more..

Writing