Who is he?

Who is he?

A Story by Elder Reeve
"

You want to know about the immortal?

"

“You want ta know bout the immortal?” My name is Irel, and this girl just asked me a very stupid question. Taking a closer look at her I could guess she is in her early twenties, brown hair to her waist, blue eyes, and middle class modest dress.

“Yes I do, I have been looking for him.” She looked up at me with a expression that told she wouldn’t leave without everything I knew.

“Ya be askin fer some vary dangerous information little lass.” I realed back and swung down half my mug of ale. “I can see ye won’t be leavin without what I know. So I tell Ye what I know.”

“Thank you, I will pay you for the information.”

“don’t, I be dyin soon and this information needs to be told to someone.” I slouch down into a chair at the back of the tavern. “The immortal, where to begin. Everytime I have seen him he is different. He changes constantly, it is his defence so that people can’t find him. The only thing that has never changed was his skill, he is the greatest warrior that ever lived. Now he isn’t the only immortal actually, he just the only one that people look for. I have fought with him, he never did kill me though. I asked him bout that, said that he didn kill those he thought of as friends. Guess at makes me lucky.

Danielle looks at the old man. Irel was in his eighties at least, just old and wrinkled. Suddenly he looked up, for the first time she saw his eyes. A sparkling clear blue that should have belonged to eight year old. As he spoke she realized he wasn’t speaking with that strange sailor’s accent he had been before. “He values his friends more than anyone else in the world. He has lost so many of them that he realizes there true value. I have never seen someone who is so strong, yet so vulnerable. If he heard me say that I am sure I would be on the ground choking right now. It is true though, he loves people he know who won’t be with him in another hundred rears. I am probably the oldest of his friends right now. I promised him I wouldn’t die until I saw him again. He always did procrastinate things.”

He looked at her, or was it past her? “He isn’t perfect mind you. He gets angry at people when they leave him. He can hold onto a grudge longer than anyone else in the world, literally. He humble, which is one good thing I will say about him. He can hold entire kingdoms and the future of famer and king alike in his hand. Yet he spends most of his days wondering the entire world pointlessly. That wanderlust has gotten him into trouble before. I can’t wait for the day he finds someone that can be with him forever and joins his journey. Good luck with that one though.”

She looked at him noticed a smile coming onto his face. “What do you mean by that?”

“He realizes that he is the only thing that last forever, so he can put things off as long as he can. I remember one time that he told a woman he would weed her garden, he did it four years later! Best crop she ever had as I recall!”

“Is there a way to find him?”

“Yes, you turn around and shake his hand.” Said a deep voice behind her.

© 2014 Elder Reeve


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on March 28, 2014
Last Updated on March 28, 2014
Tags: Contest entry

Author

Elder Reeve
Elder Reeve

Cambridge, MA



About
I do martial arts, and include its influence in alot of my writings, I also LOVE role play! more..

Writing
Why Me? Why Me?

A Story by Elder Reeve