Winged

Winged

A Story by EmaleighLynn
"

Max is not supposed to have wings.

"
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't have wings yesterday, right?"

I looked behind me at the huge grey and white wings stretching from my back, then turned back to Dean. "No, you're right."

"Then why do you have wings now?"

I shrugged. "How should I know? They were just there." When I moved my shoulders, the wings moved too, and one knocked me in the back of the head. I glared at the offending wing for a moment.

"They just," Dean waved his hand in the air, presumably at the wings, "appeared?"

I nodded, careful not to hit my head against the wings. "Yep."

Dean stared at me for a solid minute, his brown eyes unblinking in that creepy way he had. "Max, how on earth does that happen?"

"I don't know, Dean!" I said. I started pacing, nearly hitting Dean in the  face with the wings. His own fault for not backing out of the way. "I went to bed normal; I woke up, I had wings!"

Dean very elegantly facepalmed. "Max..."

"I already told you that I don't know why this happened!" I said, "I wish I did. Then maybe I could stop freaking the heck out!"

Dean stepped up and put his hands on my shoulders. "Max, calm down. Just breathe." I closed my eyes, and as I took several deep breaths, Dean said, "I know you're scared, but you'll just have to learn how to live with them. I mean, we don't know how they got there, so we can't take them away. And maybe it's a good thing? Maybe."

I opened my eyes. "Thanks Deano." I said.

"What are brothers for? Now c'mon, let's get a shirt that you can actually wear with those things."

© 2015 EmaleighLynn


Author's Note

EmaleighLynn
I'm probably going to write more for this, so please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: winged, transformation, short story, nonbinary character

Author

EmaleighLynn
EmaleighLynn

Columbia, SC



About
Wow, it's been a while since I did anything here. God. I'm sorry. I've been writing since eighth grade. I'm a freshman in college now (wtf). I write fiction (books, short stories) and a LOT of poet.. more..

Writing
49 49

A Story by EmaleighLynn