Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by InTheLandOfGodsAndMonsters

      "Elle est la seule, celle qui est perdue'', the demonic prince, Xavier, said in french, looking toward his companions. They nodded.

       " Oui, elle est Xavier, oui, elle est," Tessa remarked, playing with a blood-red strand of hair.

       I bolted up from my bed, shocked by the alarm, and managed to trip on my sheets and face-planted the floor. Sighing, I dis-tangled myself from my plum sheets, my dark red hair falling out of its already-crappy ponytail. Still half-alseep, I pulled off my pj's and yanked on some jeans, a tee-shirt, and my battered old converse. I yanked out my ponytail, my red hair( the color of thick, dark blood) fell past shoulders in it's usual board-stiff ways. I've completely given up on my hair.

       Hopping downstairs, I tried to not glare at the family pictures of my mom and her husband of two years. Ever since she met him - Cameron- she completely gave on me. She destroyed our bond that we had, all because of him. Specking of the devil, I heard them both laughing from the cheery kitchen, my mom flipping pancakes.

"Good morning, Daphene," my mom, Adrianna, said coldly, as I walked into the kitchen.

       "Morning, mother, Cameron," I said, ice dripping from my last two words.

       "Don't disrespect your mother like that," Cameron said, glaring at me from his eyes like glaciar ice.

      "Okay," I said plopping down on one of the yellow dining table chairs. She brought over the plate of pancakes, her black hair escaping from her bun in it's usual curliness.

       Monica Jones- my best friend- laughed and winked at some guy walking in the mall. Her black pin-cushion curls fell to their usual length, just brushing her shoulders.

         "Okay, what's wrong, I've been flirting with guys like some blond bimbo for the bast 15 minutes."

          "My mom," I said, sipping at my fruit smoothie in front of me.

          "I'm sorry sweetie," she said. Her bright green eyes turned all jokey again, as she smiled at some poor unfortunate soul.

          "Stop it," I said, giggling at her antics. Monica is gorgeous- that kind of pretty that no matter how attractive you are, you want to be her- with her black her, bright green eyes,and perfect complexion with a smatter of freckles across her aristocratic nose.

          "Look at him," she said, pointing to a guy with longish, kinda shaggy black hair with bangs that fell across his face. He wore a grey v-neck, a leather jacket, black jeans, and biker boots.

            All in all, he was pretty hot, but a giant. Around seven feet tall. A girl with blond waves down her back, clear skin, and almost black eyes stood next to him. Oh well, that's that, I thought, looking at her skin tight ensemble. A tight black velvet dress, black tights, and knee-high boots with a huge heel.

           "Yeah, but look at that girl next to him," I said, nodding my head to the girl- who had nothing on Monica.

          "So? She looks like a hooker," Monica said, fiddling with her dark-blue cardigan,

           " No one likes someone who dresses like they could be on the Bad Girls Club."

            "That's rude," I said through my laughter.

              "It's rude to dress like a hooker," she said pointedly, as they made their way over to our table.

             "Hi, I'm Aris," the girl said, smiling widely. I felt kinda bad for thinking she was a hooker. Her voice had a slight accent, one I couldn't put my finger on.

               "Xavier," The guy said, and I noticed his eyes were the same dark color as Aris's. Same accent too.

               "I'm Monica and this is Daphene," Monica said, grinning broadly.

                "Hey," I said, smiling faintly, " Are you guys related?"

              "Cousins," Aris said, pulling a chair out and sitting down.



© 2013 InTheLandOfGodsAndMonsters


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on July 10, 2013
Last Updated on July 10, 2013


Author

InTheLandOfGodsAndMonsters
InTheLandOfGodsAndMonsters

OR



About
DisorderYour ScoreMajor Depression:HighDysthymia:Very HighBipolar Disorder:High-ModerateCyclothymia:Very HighSeasonal Affective Disorder:SlightPostpartum Depression:N/ATake the Depression Test I lo.. more..

Writing