Chapter Two- Something Terrible

Chapter Two- Something Terrible

A Chapter by EmilyWinchester

I stood in shock after what I had just watched. This poor girl only moments before with a smile on her face and what could have been love in her eyes now laid lifeless on the floor as that gorgeous monster stood and fixed himself. He looked over her and squared down beside her.

"I'm so sorry, I just couldn't help myself." He spoke to her as if she was still alive as his pulled her dress down and covered her. He stood and grabbed the candelabra from the table and left the room then the property.

"Hello? Where are you? You can come out now. He won't see you.. The living cannot see us unless we want them too." I called out for the girl and waited. A few moments passed and Maria came humming around the corner. She glanced at me then at the girl.

"Oh, Isabella.." She said softly as she glided towards me.
She stood there looking down at the girl.

"There's nothing you can do. You must come, now."

"What? No, I need to find her and make sure she understands what's happening. I didn't see her come up. I called for her but-" I must have worried Maria because she hugged me tightly.

"There's nothing to do. Come this way." Said Maria as she pulled me.

We walked down the hallway and over to one of the foyers and sat down in some chairs. It was storming loudly now and lightening lite up the room with each bolt that struck. I sighed to myself wondering why this poor girl had not appeared. Maybe she had but she didn't arise from her body like the rest of us? Maybe she just isn't anymore, maybe she died and that was it she was just gone from this earth forever. Someone cleared their throat as they sat down in a chair across from Maria and I. His name is Louise, Louise De Lancre.

He was known for being a very happy and attractive Duke. Always smiling they said. Louise wasn't too tall but he towered over Maria and I. He was pale and had big dark piercing green eyes a very charming smile and muscular body for someone of his title. He was a joker as some would say, always joking.
He had come to visit someone of high power and met a few people who invited him here to meet a mans daughter. Sadly a dispute broke out and Louise at twenty eight years of age was caught in the cross fight and that was it. He's been here ever scene.

"Well, whats new tonight? I imagine the same old boring things as always? A book, a walk by the garden windows. Hmm?" Asked Louise as he crossed his leg over the other and intertwined his fingers placing them over his knee.

He had his eye brows raised looking towards me. I just looked at him and sighed. I was not in the mood.

"Louise, please. Isabella saw something earlier." explained Maria.

"Oh no, was it a ghost? You do look rather pale darling." laughed Louise.

I gave him a cold look and his smile quickly faded.

"No, I-..saw a woman die." I said in words that didn't want to come out.

Louise smirked and looked at me then at Maria then back again as if he was just realizing.

"What? Really? You saw someone die.. here?" He was on the edge of his seat now and looked almost excited.

" Yes, just by the stairs."

Louise jumped up and ran for the door. Maria and I quickly followed him and we all stopped by the stairs. There she was just laying there as I left her. Louise looked her over and knelt down almost as if he was inspecting her. He looked up at me and then Maria.

"She looks -.." Louise was speaking as Maria cut him off.

"So sad, such a beautiful young woman."

"What happened to her?" Louise asked standing up and sending me a sideways glance.

" Well, a man came in followed by her, they looked around for a moment and he led her here and things got.." I trailed off for a moment and I felt overwhelmed with dread but was able to compose myself.

"He kept pushing and she didn't want to but he continued and he finally got his way and she was screaming and fighting but he held her down.. Then he squeezed her throat until.. " I cut off in sobs now and Louise grabbed me in his arms and held me there.

"It's alright Isabella, I can't imagine what that must have been like to see. " Louise whispered.

" I saw her looking at me, she was begging with her eyes for me to help her and I couldn't, I couldn't do anything to save her." I cried.

"Shhh now, it's not your fault. There's absolutely nothing you could have done. Nothing." Louise still held while he assured me.

His eyes looked sad as he glanced back at the girl and pulled me away then followed Maria down the hallway.

Louise walked me to my room and sat me down at the end of the bed. This Louise is sweet and sincere, not like the usual Louise who is always joking at someone else's expense.

" Look, if you need someone to talk with or if you just don't want to be alone I'll be down the hall. I know it must be dreadful dear." Louise said as he rubbed my hand.

He was very kind when he wanted to be.

"Thank you, Louise." I said as he was headed for the door.

I Laid back on the big four poster bed for a long time. We've all been through the death deal. I'm fortunate not to remember mine according to Maria. She said it doesn't leave you, that it replays every night. It makes me sad for the young girl. If she had to relive that every single night it would be devastating. I have to find her, she's probably so scared and doesn't have a clue what is going on.

It's strange really, how you can just be going about and then suddenly something drastic happens and it feels like it changes everything. I cannot figure it out. Where has she gone.. ?


© 2017 EmilyWinchester


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on November 21, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Thriller, Ghost, Rape, Love, Horror


Author

EmilyWinchester
EmilyWinchester

About
Just someone who wants to share their stories and read others work as well. I enjoy reading, writing, painting and whiskey. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by EmilyWinchester