Swallowed by the dark

Swallowed by the dark

A Story by Sugar and Spice

Darkness swirls around her, like a pillow of blackness that can't be evaded. She cries out but shadows cut off her scream. She tries to grab something but her fingers slip through the air. She tries again, this time her fingers wrap around a sharp object, causing a stream of blood to form. I scream, try to stop her, but she smiles and this time her words break the darkness, 'this is all your fault...'. I move forward, to stop her but she steps back and her crimson hand brings down the object into her chest. Blood pores from the hole and she crumbles to the floor, being swallowed by the blackness. I sob, I scream, but just like her, my scream is swallowed by the shadows. I pinch myself, try to convince myself its just a dream. I close my eyes and re-open them... nothing changes. The darkness presses against my skin. Her words echo throughout my head as I try to scream again and run through the darkness. The place begins to spin before my eyes and I collapse, sobbing, in the exact place the girl had been swallowed up and beg for it to be over. My fingers sweep out as I try to latch onto something real. Curling around an object, sudden pain contorts my whole body. The shadows threaten to entrap me forever. I don't submit to them. As was shown to me, my own crimson hand tunnels itself through my chest and finally its over, I'm gone, swallowed up by the dark.

© 2012 Sugar and Spice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 24, 2012
Last Updated on March 24, 2012

Author

Sugar and Spice
Sugar and Spice

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Hi My name is Emma :) Sugar and Spice is my WC name because it not only suits me, but my writing down to a t... As a young student, I was often praised for my stories and creativity, but criticised .. more..

Writing